Babylon size 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babylon size 0

In the 1880s, suddently the babylonian empire appeared in my foreign minister's report without me having ever met them!
    Their capital is size 0 but that doesn't stop them from making threats to me demanding the secret of... sanitation of all things!!

I bet I can search the whole world and not find them. has this happened to anyone else?

A foreign capital appears as size 0 until you (from memory) actually meet the civ. As far as the civ suddenly appearing out of nowhere, I've never heard of it happening. Obviously. early in the game, a civ that's destroyed can be replaced by another of the same colour, but that doesn't seem to have happened here. Was there a green civ in the game before this happened?

------------------
    Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
    Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
    Troll & Hydey Wrangler
    Mono Rules!
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

If you have the Marco Polo or United Nations you can even talk to civs that are just settlers. I one game I played the egyts showes up for many turns but had not cities listed on the intelligence screen. I finnally found them after a few dozens turns wandering around on an island with 2 NON settlers.

------------------
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Pontificator Pendanticus
      older richer & wiser than you
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Yes, I know about Marcos and UN I have built neither (nor captured a city with them).
        I don't think there was a green civ before, but I can't be sure about it 'cause I play in large world map. I am in Asia, Vikings (Europe) and Persians next to me, Indian and Roman in America and Egyptians in Africa. Since this game is tough I paid attention to all messages and no civ has been destroyed yet.

Still I can't be sure that there was no green civ.
        Thanx about the info about the capital being O size when civ is not met.

Can a civ you never met before appear in the foreign report if you have alliance with a civ that has met them? (I have no alliance with anybody but just a thought). Only the Vikings (with whom I have been in a war througout the game) know the babylonias and the Indians who keep asking me for an alliance to crush the persians. Maybe it's a small bug.

Comment

Is there an insignificant Babylonian unit mixed in amongst the evil Viking armies? Maybe you met them but for some reason no dialogue was initiated?

Comment

I thought every time you meet a civ for the first time you get to talk with them no?

P.S. Vikings will just not understand that peacefull co-existance can leed to many good things like my empire going to AC
            By the way I didn't know that stealing tech. can provoke an international incident. Well, I did that the one and only time there was peace with the Vikings and now the just wont leave my western frontier alone...

Touchy, touchy

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by finbar on 01-10-2001 09:12 PM
              A foreign capital appears as size 0 until you (from memory) actually meet the civ.

Not quite the same as my experience. The capital city shows its population as of the last time you saw that city. If you've never seen it, its population is shown as zero.

Did someone build the UN? That gives all civs contact with all other civs.

Comment

That's it Dave. The UN. But there is no documentation that says that ALL civs get contact with ALL civs...
                Anyway obviously this is the case. The indians built it...
                Thanx

Comment

Plus they might be settlers like Lefty said. UN and Marcos report even that huh?
                  Is there anything the good people of this forum DON'T know

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by paiktis22 on 01-11-2001 05:23 AM

I don't think there was a green civ before, but I can't be sure about it 'cause I play in large world map. I am in Asia, Vikings (Europe) and Persians next to me, Indian and Roman in America and Egyptians in Africa. Since this game is tough I paid attention to all messages and no civ has been destroyed yet.

Still I can't be sure that there was no green civ.

Well, there's no green civ amongst the civs you describe. There are also only 6 civs described, including you. So if it's a 7 civ game, there probably was a green civ. If you have any earlier saves of the game you could always go back and check.

------------------
                    Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
                    Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
                    Troll & Hydey Wrangler
                    Mono Rules!
                    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Working...
                    X