help reloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help reloading

hello, I don't really visit here too often, but I was wondering if you guys could help me out.

I recently changed computers (about a week ago) and am trying to reinstall the CivII triad of CD's that I have (Civ II, plus the scenarios and FW). I managed to get the Civ II cd to install, but when I try to install the other two they both come up reading...

"ISINST30 caused a general protection fault in module _IHNS0433._MP at 0016:000001b5..."

I'm not completely sure about the language, but both CD's as well as another FW CD (from a friend) come up with the "ISINST30" error whenever I try to install.

Does anyone have any idea what may be wrong/why it won't install.
    My new system is win 98 (like my old). The only other potential problem I could think of would have been some sort of Y2K problem with the CD, but that would seem unlikely.

any help would be much appreciated.

-Zen
    FARSCAPE......................

I would also send a tech email to Microprose, seems more of their problem if this only occurs with civ.

Comment

well,

I just tried installing the cd's on my friend's computer and they worked fine. So, it is definitely my computer.

so, if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the help.
      thanks

-Zen

Comment

WE have had this one before - sorry too lazy to find and reference the thread - it seems the solution is to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to remove all background processes except explorer & systray and then install - not tried it myself so can't vouch for it (but like you could not install CiC & FW when I upgraded my machine) ..

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
        "The Great Library must be built!"
        "A short cut has to be challenging,
        were it not so it would be 'the way'."
        - Paul Craven
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

thanks Scouse Gits,
          that worked. You are a mini-life saver.

-Zen

Comment

Working...
          X