320million citizens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 320million citizens

As most of u probably know the top pop available to get is 320million people.
    I just reached this number, and i cant believe that they did´nt fix this in the mge. So anybody at microprose, can u plz fix this in a patch. And when ure at it, u can also fix the simulatous movement thing in multiplayer

Thnx

KaiserIsak:

One of our own Apolytoners, Julius Brenzaida, has made his own patch for Civ II MGE (and a separate one for ToT) that removes various game limits (including the population limit). They can be found in the "Specials" section of the Apolyton Civ II Database. (Just so you don't have to hunt for it, it's here.)
    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

the 320,000,000 is a limit only on the automatic sum of the population displayed on some screens. It does not prevent getting new citizens and does not limit the score from citizens. It is quite tedious, however, if you really want the sum of the population, to scroll thru all the cities and add their population with a calculator.

------------------
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Pontificator Pendanticus
      older richer & wiser than you

<
      [This message has been edited by Lefty Scaevola (edited December 21, 2000).]
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

yep.

It's great tool. I stopped many games that I started in order to get record population only because of the limit. Till Julius introduced the way to hex-edit it.

Comment

btw, it works on TOT too.

Comment

Ok, thnx for the help (=

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Builder on 12-22-2000 07:41 AM
              yep.

I stopped many games that I started in order to get record population only because of the limit. Till Julius introduced the way to hex-edit it

I did two games over 1.1 billion in MGE without any modifications or map editing, use a large, wet, temperate, achipeligo, map. It was very redious scrolling through 254 cities at the end to sum the population.

------------------
              Pontificator Pendanticus
              older richer & wiser than you
              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola on 12-22-2000 11:39 AM
                It was very redious scrolling through 254 cities at the end to sum the population.

yeah, I played once on big earth map and had to count all those cities... *sigh*

My record in 670 million, I could continue more but on my p200 it took him couple minutes to think every turn so I just stopped playing.

Comment

Julius's patch also fixes the gold limit and alows you to make random giga-maps.

------------------
                  Save the whales, collect the whole set!!

If Al Gore invented the Internet, then I invented the spell check- Dan Quayle

If someone doesn't agree with you, you haven't explained yourself well enough-Luther Ely Smith

Comment

quote:

So anybody at microprose,can u plz fix this in a patch.

Now thats funny!
                    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Working...
                    X