Science/money bonus from caravans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science/money bonus from caravans

What's the highest bonus you've ever got from delivering a caravan?
    I think I did well last night with 618, but I'm sure someone must have received more than that?
    [This message has been edited by Tizzy (edited December 07, 2000).]

That's the most I've heard of. My record is 340.

------------------
    Nam si violandum est ius, regnandi gratia violandum est: aliis rebus pietatem colas
    "Veni, vidi, vici."

Translation: "I came, I saw, I conquered." Written by Caesar, in a report to Rome in 47 B.C. after conquering Farnakes at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Tizzy on 12-07-2000 04:54 AM
      What's the highest bonus you've ever got from delivering a caravan?
      I think I did well last night with 618, but I'm sure someone must have received more than that?
      [This message has been edited by Tizzy (edited December 07, 2000).]

I got a bonus of 1048 once. Of course it was a moot point, I'd already gotten my spaceship to AC and won the game. But for the last thirty years or so, I'd had this transport going along one of those halfway-round-the-world-and-back routes with a load of some very precious commodity (silk, I think) and I
      wanted to see what I would get for it.

Jim W

Comment

I used to have a method where for distant cities I'd send a spy and a caravan, the caravan sets up the route and nets me a small fortune, the spy uses the money to buy the city, often with a small sub from back home. It was cheaper and tied up fewer resources than a long intercontinental war with a distant enemy.

I had fun with it anyway...
        www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Well, I beat my own record last night - sent a freight loaded with gold across the ocean to the Spanish capital and netted 1020

Comment

If you try out Julius' 'No Limits' mod and play on a Giga-map trade bonusses in excess of 1K are the norm!!

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
            "The Great Library must be built!"
            "A short cut has to be challenging,
            were it not so it would be 'the way'."
            - Paul Craven
            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I can remember getting in excess of 3k before, but those results are rather tainted. To help myself play the game I had changed the rules and added a lot of food tothe squares, so I had cities of over size 100 natrurally... I probably tweaked the trade amnts, too, so that could be the astronomical numbers right there.

Comment

Working...
              X