This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Knitting Circle

This thread is for a second Succession Game - this time v2.42, Deity, Raging Hordes, Large World, 7 civs with no restart.

I have kicked off and am sending it to SilverDragon, who I suggest, passes it on to johnmcd.

I am willing to do the Web-site bit again - will someone else handle the collation of files and sorting out of time slots please???

Good luck all

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
    "The Great Library must be built!"
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Hi!

I would like to join (altough I am not as good as you guys).

E-Mail : redc210@uvm.haifa.ac.il

------------------
    Proud member of the state of Israel.
    "There's room at the top they are telling you still, but first you must learn how to smile as you kill, if you want to be like the folks on the hill" - John Lennon

"Life is wasted on the living."
    -Douglas Adams

Comment

Deity/raging! Now that's more like it! Where do I sign up?

Comment

The thought has occurred to me that if it was possible to cross platform/version differences, two teams could play the same game, a la an OCC challenge. That might prove interesting.

Good luck, y'all!

------------------
        Frodo lives!

Better dead than "Red"... or green... or blue... or yellow... or orange... or purple... or white.
        Frodo lives!

Comment

kcbob - MGE can load 2.42 saves, but not vice versa. It's too late now, but for the next round it would be possible to use a 2.42 game that everyone could play. Maybe a team competition?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by DaveV on 10-17-2000 08:21 AM
            kcbob - MGE can load 2.42 saves, but not vice versa. It's too late now, but for the next round it would be possible to use a 2.42 game that everyone could play. Maybe a team competition?

Sounds good to me. This first one can be used as a "test" round. Wait a minute. If someone starts a game as 2.42 and sends it to me, an MGE player, will my saved game become "unusable" to a 2.42 player following me?

------------------
            Frodo lives!

Better dead than "Red"... or green... or blue... or yellow... or orange... or purple... or white.
            Frodo lives!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by kcbob on 10-17-2000 09:42 AM
              If someone starts a game as 2.42 and sends it to me, an MGE player, will my saved game become "unusable" to a 2.42 player following me?

Yes, so I guess in such a game the 2.42 players should go first and the MGE players should finish the game.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by DaveV on 10-17-2000 08:21 AM

My understanding is that the inital save would be generated in 2.42. Then there could be a team using exclusively 2.42 and a team that would take the initial 2.42 save and then load it in MGE. effectively making it a 2.42 team and an MGE team

------------------
                Sleep is a luxury and I don't have Shakespeare's Theatre in my back yard.
                Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Why limit it to two teams? Properly advertised, this could become a big deal, with people recruiting teams. Imagine Ming, RAH, and Xin Yu on the same team! Or Paul and Tom DeMille anchoring the perfectionist team. Lots of possibilities.

Comment

It could be a competition between playing styles with an OCC team, a perfectionist team and an ICS team. Or any other strategy you could come up with.

Comment

This really could get big, couldn't it? I can see it now...

"Tomorrow night on ESPN... Team MGE/OCC vs Team 2.42/ICS. And don't forget to log into Apolyton and fill in your "Fantasy Civ2 Team" rosters before the "Win a Plymouth Civ2 Voyager" contest deadline ends."

Maybe?

------------------
                      Frodo lives!

Frodo lives!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by kcbob on 10-17-2000 03:11 PM
                        This really could get big, couldn't it? I can see it now...

"Tomorrow night on ESPN... Team MGE/OCC vs Team 2.42/ICS. And don't forget to log into Apolyton and fill in your "Fantasy Civ2 Team" rosters before the "Win a Plymouth Civ2 Voyager" contest deadline ends."

Maybe?

Ahh, finally the break we need to get Civ II in the Olympics Make it a Team event!!
                        -------------------
                        Civ2 in the Olympics?
                        Insert witty phrase here

Comment

This has nothing to do with the topic... but this is the first time I've seen someone use one of my threads as a sig...

*grumbles about work*

Comment

Can I play for both the 2.42 OCC team and the MP ICS team please?

Back on topic - SilverDragon where are you are you playing????

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
                            "The Great Library must be built!"
                            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Hi. I will get it off email. thx.

Comment

Working...
                              X