Patches and Versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patches and Versions

As a new member to this forum, can anyone tell me where I can go to download the latest patch for Civ II and or how I can find what version I am currently playing. I've been playing the standard version for quite some time and am now looking to download some mods and scenario's.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Select 'Game options' from the menu - the title bar of this window contains your version details --- for SP the latest is v2.42 available from here or from www.civ2.com, CiC is 2.62, FW 2.78 - for MP you will find there are three variants MP Gold Edition normally only available in the US - you need patch 1.3; Ultimate Civilization - available in most of Europe again you need patch 1.3 and there is a bizarre UK only version that describes itself as Ultimate 5.x.0f where x can vary - in this case use Julius' NoLimits Patch and you will be compatible with both the others...
    Good civin'

Comment

. What does patch 1.3 add/fix for MGE?

------------------
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Pontificator Pendanticus
      older richer & wiser than you
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Mostly multiplayer fixes.Also an attempt at fixing the goto command.Also tweaked something to fix the "xxxx attacks with cruise aquaducts" message problem.
        Delivering a caravan would freeze a MP game.That was fixed.Exchanging maps with ais in MP games would also freeze it so that was fixed.A bunch o' stuff basically.
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Working...
        X