No announcement yet.

A Convoluted Explanation of Why the Pyramids Count as a Grainery in Each City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Convoluted Explanation of Why the Pyramids Count as a Grainery in Each City

The pyramids were built in Egypt by the Pharaohs. At about the same time, a certain Biblical character, Joseph, was storing up grain in expectation of a famine.

The conclusion should be obvious.
    main(i,_){for(!_||(--i,main(i+2,i["FHhhTBFHdhTBFBQT\2TBF&]zRF$hh*:FHhh+&FBIsbDF"]));
    i&&_>1;printf("%s",_-70?_&1?"[]":" ":(_^=_,"\n")),_/=2);} /*- Mark -*/

Dude, Holy Bible speaks only about TWO CITIES - no pyramids references are made, sorry...
    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Speaking as one who is not well up on the pyramids I seem to recall that there are shafts previously thought to be aligned to various astral bodies but which now seem likely to be deigned to get the grain in after sealing up. How was it taken out again though, when needed?

Comment

Hmmm...here's an equally logical proof for the "Great Wall provides immunity to nuclear missles of Democratic ai-civs" argument.

1. Great Wall was built in China
        2. The Chinese are adept at spying
        3. The Chinese have infiltrated the nuclear labs of America, which holds the most sophisticated nuclear technology
        4. Only a fool would start a war with China right now
        5. China has fuel campaign donations to lead Democrats

Therefore, Chinese cities all gain immunity to Democrat missles when they hide behind the Great Wall.

Or, if you want, you could use the same faulty logic to prove that the world is, indeed, square.

Just because a Biblical story roughly (as in give or take 2000 years roughly) lines up with a Wonder doesn't meen the Pyramids stored grain. If it did, then what about the dinosaurs?

:P

-KhanMan the LLSS
        Odin, Thor, and Loki walk into a bar together...
        -KhanMan

Comment

What? I thought everyone knew that the very first pyramid was formed by egg-laying dinasaurs. After she dug the nest hole and laid her eggs the female stacked them in a pyramid so that they would keep each other warm when she filled the nest back in.

When the very early Egyptians traveled above the 4th cataract of the Nile seeking the fabled land of Ophir they came across many of these petrified pyramids of eggs. One of the engineers on the exploration team realized that grains of barley looked a lot like microscopic dinasaur eggs. When they returned he convinced the Pharoah that if the eggs could fill a pyramid then barley could do it better and the Pharoah would never lack barley for his beer factories.

Ken

Comment

But Ken, why did the Egyptians drink Chinese beer, when they knew the Democrats wouldn't approve of the dinosaur-nuclear program?

-KM
            -KhanMan

Comment

whait a sec ?! do you mean that the dinosaurs were actually planned as pets for the piss-artist chinese nuclear research personell ? and that the democtrats arranged a secret nuclear base for the chinese? in a pyramid ? am I right ?
              [This message has been edited by Dalgetti (edited June 29, 2000).]
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

No, all i'm saying is that Israeli beer sucks.

-KhanMan
                -KhanMan

Comment

I'll just pretend to follow along:

Yes! I understand and agree!

Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

The pyramids were built in Egypt by the Pharaohs. At about the same time, a certain Biblical character, Joseph, was storing up grain in expectation of a famine.

The pyramids were built in Egypt by the Pharaohs. At about the same time, a certain non-fictional character, Bill Clinton, had an extra-marital affair.

------------------
                    St. Leo
                    http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
                    http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

NO, NO, NO! You've all got it all wrong...

In my part of the world, the local government stores sand in pyramidal shaped structures for use on roads during ice-storms. Now, everyone knows that sand is referred to in grains, and grains are what is saved in the Pyramids. Furthermore, in medieval England, grains were called "corn", and everyone knows that corn is a grain.

Therefore, since sand is kept in modern pyramidal-shaped structures, it is only logical that pyramids are for the storing of grains!

Also therefore, Alia Est Granular, Cartago Delenda Est, and Disce Aut Morare! Habeus Corpus, too!
                      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Mao-It's good to see an honest person here

Cavebear-No, you have it all wrong, it's:
                        1st, the 14th tribe of isrealites colonized New England

2nd, the Pyramids were built on an oil-rig off the English coast as advanced castles

3rd, the Egyptians built the Erie-Suez Canal out of left over sand

4th, the Israelites destroyed all these structures, and their beer was cursed with eternal mediocricy...

"in nominae abscondita, et spiritus bellum, veni!"
                        -KhanMan
                        (or "the poster formerly know as Prince KhanMan"
                        -KhanMan

Comment

But how did the pyramids get to Egypt then? If the beer was cursed with mediocricy, then the Israelite oil-rig workers wouldn't be strong enough to rebuild the pyramids and drag them to their final locations!

Comment

Ah, but that's when an elite Corps of the Hodadian Invasionary Force, off course and drunk off of too much mediocre Isreali beer, was forced at yamaka-point to move the Pyramids/English oil rigs.

Then the crop circles were carved into Russian fields by bored former MiG-pilots, now employed by the Knesset to spy on Iranian exchange students near the vulnerable 14th tribe, in the southside of Boston.

Everything clear now?

"In nominae ephemera, et benedictus adscondita!"
                            -KhanMan the LLSS
                            -KhanMan

Comment

I thought it was the Illuminati who were responsible for the crop circles!

Comment

Working...
                              X