Clear All

• I would just like to say that this site and this forum ROCKS n/t

A lot of us agree with you.

------------------
    Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
    Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
    Troll & Hydey Wrangler
    Mono Rules!
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

And that's why many of us have made a home here

------------------
      Ming
      CivII & Off-Topic Forum Moderator
      Ming@Apolyton.net
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I think the joining date of many of the regular posters says it all - once we find this site we have no urge to move on...

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
        "The Great Library must be built!"
        A short cut has to be challenging,
        were it not so it would be 'the way'."
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I'm not sure what it says about our lives - or lack thereof - but that's another matter.

------------------
          Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
          Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
          Troll & Hydey Wrangler
          Mono Rules!
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

The fact that not more than a handful have confirmed your impression is attributable to the hard civing most of them are doing at the time you post.

Comment

A feast of good fellowship indeed, can't think of a poster who doesn't add another dash of spice to the dish.

A well constructed and exceptionally well run site to boot.

Only one slight regret - not enough female company.

Comment

yeah, but we probably got more percentage of the female civ-players than male ones.

The OT could get more females though...
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by HsFB on 11-08-2000 01:47 PM
                  yeah, but we probably got more percentage of the female civ-players than male ones.

The OT could get more females though...

Well, first, what do we know about our fellow apolytiners ? You don't have to tell your gender. We (almost) all use pseudos. Maybe they are many women among us, why not.
                  And I don't care about men, women, martians and all, it's the result that matters :
                  AND IT IS TRUE THAT THIS SITE IS GREAT !

------------------
                  Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
                  Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Julius - over on Off Topic, folk post photos and such like so gender gets to be known. Also a healthy amount of flirting takes place. Turns out, in fact, that women tend to use e-monikers that have a female connotation (Empress, werefox etc) or flag up their gender in their titles or descriptions (Princess, Warlady etc).

Sad to say I suspect that at any one time the number of regular female posters doesn't seem to rise above 5.

Probably true that this is a high proportion of all female civers. Still a bit of a loss though.

By the way, I am not advocating a visit to OT. Not unless you've got a lot of empty hours on your hands that is.

And, talking of OT reminds me of another grouse - all the youngsters who post here are just way too bright! It is probably good for the soul, or something, to be put in one's place by a precocious 14 year old but I can't pretend to like it!

But then some hot civ tips come from the younger Apolytoners, just as from the older, and it is those moments when you're reading a thread and a new insight about the game leaps out at you which still represents the crowning joy of the place for me.
                    [This message has been edited by East Street Trader (edited November 10, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                    X