Missing DLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing DLL

I am trying to update Civ2 Multiplayer Gold to 2.42. When I launch the game it says I need SMEDSNET.DLL, which I don't have. Does anyone know if I need any other files? If so, please send them, along with SMEDSNET.DLL. Thank you. :-)

------------------
    JRH

Woops - this is not an update, but a downgrade.
    • v2.42 is the final version of basic Civ2 single player
    • this was upgraded by Microprose to first Conflicts in Civilization, CiC (IIRC v2.68 - but this could well be in error)
    • which in turn was upgraded to Fantasic Worlds, FW v2.7.8
    • Then came Multiplayer - this is not an upgrade in the same sense as the two previous versions, but a new release with a different infrastructure of support files.
    You have ran foul of this - yes you will probably be able to get v2.42 working by progressiviely importing all the support files that it demands - it's a racing certainty that once you get the ones you request above - the game will require some more, but you would really be better advised to simply buy a copy of SP (currently £4.99 in the UK) and upgrade that version to 2.42.
    Hope this helps....
    Good civin'

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
    "The Great Library must be built!"
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

This seems rather odd.

2.42=regular(original) SOLO civ2 with a fix or 2.

There is a patch for MGE.
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

yes, but you have to buy the MGE version as the patch is not available on the web

the latest civ2 version is, however, 2.78... that's the FW version

Comment

Working...
        X