A somewhat crazy idea...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A somewhat crazy idea...

Is it possible that in combat, Civ2 subtly takes things like supply lines and specific combat hardening against specific units into consideration?

The idea arose after, in one of my scenarios, I had a coastal town defended by one veteran defensive unit was attacked by a British ships. All British ships in the scenario are veterans thank's to the Lighthouse. Well, first time round, it left my unit's bar in red. The second time the same attack occured, yellow, and now it barely does any damage. Always the same unit type attacking of course.

To every fight there is a random scale of how much damage will be given, but it shouldn't change as much as you stated....Civ does do some weird things some times.......logic tells me that me that your enemy should simply use two attcking units simoultanesly...but logic doesnt play into the ai's favor does it? Perhaps Civ III Ai will be more formidable.....
    I see the world through bloodshot eyes
    Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

hell, yeah, I still don't get it though.

Random and all, the differences were enourmous.

Although, there were so many things that the AI couldn't do TSIA!

Comment

What sort of defensive unit was it, Doctor? And what sort of attacking vessel? If it were, say, a rifleman being attacked by, say, cruisers, the rifleman would survive the first attack, probably achieving vet status. The second and third attacks would consequently do less and less damage.

------------------
        Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
        Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
        Troll & Hydey Wrangler
        Mono Rules!
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Working...
        X