This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite Things

Who closed the "Favourite Things" thread - and why?

OK, so Orcus wasn't exactly July Andrews, but it was an interesting enough song.

RJM at Sleeper's
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

At the risk of the wrath of some super-deity ("Ask not for whome the bell tolls,...") - Yes,

Please, Sir, why was this piece of Apolyton history closed?

Stu
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

It was a truly creative song.

The seasonal sentiment was timely and strong.

Ancient (thread) history surely belongs.

Setting the lock was a clang of the gong.

Please reconsider, don't be a Scrooge;
      liberate "the song", we'll not abuse.

Monk
      so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Re: Favourite Things

Originally posted by rjmatsleepers
        Who closed the "Favourite Things" thread - and why?
        MarkG for reasons known only to him.

OT thread on the subject:

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I've reread the thread...

... and I would bet that it was closed because it's an OT thread in the wrong place.

(but then, why not move it to OT?)

Then again, it could be because of the potential for +1s, due to it being the subject of an OTF thread. The thread Plato referenced was opened before the Orcus thread got locked. Mark might have closed it to forestall the stampede of spamming OTers.

Or it might be the communist rantings that got it locked... who knows?
          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Most likely because it's an OT-style thread.

Of course, back then Civ2-General was the OT.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was the OT thread that got it closed. I found it through the OT thread link. Cool Song, Timely posting...MarkG should let it live. Move it to OT or just unlock it for three or four weeks per year.
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

This discussion belongs in the Community forum.
                If there is any real discussion left, Please feel free to start a thread there. I'm assuming not, since MarkG was the one that closed it here, so I'm not going to bother moving this one to become spam bait.

RAH
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                X