Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings... we look for a new Democracygame

Greetings from the German "Civilization Webring-Forum"

We want to start a democracygame based on the scenario "2194 Days Of War". We are planning to
    ask members from Civfanatics too, a few polish players, who have their own Civ2 Clans, also want to play...

This would be the best constellation we think:

-United Staates = Poly Team-1
    -British Empire = Fanatics
    -German Empire = German Team-1
    -Russian = Polish (will be great, because they are an independent community)
    -Japanese = German Team-2
    -China = Poly or Fanatic Team-2 (which community has more interested members?)

We will create an own forum for the game, we want to use historical avatars and
    nicknames. What do you think about this idea? Are you interested or not at all?
    Can you think of any improvements in the concept?

We tried a multi-site demo game here and couldn't drum up the interest needed to continue. ( I know, I was the president for the Apolyton team ) Make sure you have one Point Of Contact (POC) for each site and you keep good, open communications with each POC, otherwise all your efforts will be for naught
    Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

maybe u tried, we tried it too, and we´ve not enough
      members to play a democracy game with so much civs
      correctly, but for 2 teams we have enough and u too

edit: u mean with (POC) one member from apolyton?

then we´ve more then one

Comment

We from the German Webring are playing a Democracy Game right now and it works quite well I'd say. The major obstacle is the little number of interested players, but with an international game this would be no problem.

Well, what do you mean by POC? In our demogame we have internal forums (is this the correct plural?) for each nation in which they can discuss and even with the little number of players we have (ca 2 per nation, really poor for a demogame I know) this is no major problem.

What do you mean by good, open communications with each POC? All players from Apolyton, Civfanatics, German Webring, Polish Clans are supposed to meet on the single forum-site where the action and the discussions take place.

Are you speaking at least a bit of German? Then try this link.
        German Demogame

This is the only thing the demogame consists of except our imagination, the Scenario and Civ2.exe and as I said, it works.

What I am trying to say is, all of the people from the German Webring who are behind the idea would really appreciate if you from Apolyton would join in and try it with us.

Thank you for considering

Edit: AiC told me to ask you what your opinion is about our idea of historical avatars and names. Do you think this could cause problems? It is a sensitive topic as this is a world war 2 scenario and we don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable or cause or get problems.
        Last edited by Historical Atze; September 22, 2003, 16:55.
        Ceterum censeo that trade units are included!!

Comment

I was referring to a Multi-Site democracy game, Where each website had thier own Civilizatization and the different sites went against each other in a Multi-player game. Is that the same as you are trying to do?

Well, what do you mean by POC? In our demogame we have internal forums (is this the correct plural?) for each nation in which they can discuss and even with the little number of players we have (ca 2 per nation, really poor for a demogame I know) this is no major problem........What do you mean by good, open communications with each POC? All players from Apolyton, Civfanatics, German Webring, Polish Clans are supposed to meet on the single forum-site where the action and the discussions take place.
          By POC I mean a person playing for that site that you can email or PM if there is a problem, for example if there has not been a turn played in a long time. This could be that sites elected president or any active member in the game. The elected foreign minister would be great for the job.

AiC told me to ask you what your opinion is about our idea of historical avatars and names. Do you think this could cause problems? It is a sensitive topic as this is a world war 2 scenario and we don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable or cause or get problems.
          I think the avatars are a great idea, I like the historical accuracy of games like this.
          Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

I would be interested in this type of game

Comment

Well I hope I have understood you correctly now .

Well ... the thing is, I suppose in you democracygames in the past you discussed on your own sites an the only communication between the different sites was exchanging the save-files.

Our idea is different. We want to establish a forum for this demogame only and in this forum a lot of interaction, in fact all the interaction will take place. The communication within a nation as well as the communication between the nations and thus a POC should be no problem.
              As you say it would be the job of the foreign minister, but every member of a nation can represent its if there is no one else at the moment.

Aditionally to the forum almost all german Civ2-Players have got ICQ. I don't know if this is the same way with your communities but it would certainly be helpful.

Hope to have helped you
              And I hope more people have the same attitude as atawa

Comment

I will post this in the Scenario League section, too...
                Deutscher Meister 2004: WERDER BREMEN

Comment

This would be great as we don't really know how to reach most of the people in this forum.
                  Thank you

(Strange, 2 Germans talking english )

Comment

I'll play in this game, but as I am a member of all 4 sites involved I dont know yet for witch team I'll play.

Probably Poly though

Comment

Your interest alone is a great pleasure for the people behind the idea. Thank you

Comment

The German Webring has recently opened a sign-up thread for the democracy-game.
                        Is someone in here, who feels responsible for managing the Game on Apolyton.

Comment

how many interested players u already have?

we´ve 11 at moment

Comment

Two so far, Myself and atawa.
                            Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

can´t u ask peoples u know?

some peoples must get pushed

Comment

Working...
                              X