Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Front not working??

I'm having trouble starting up RF, in the read me file it mentions:
    Before starting the game, double-click RedFront.bat. This brings up a menu from which you should select option 1 (Load Summer 1941). Selecting 1 sets the game to summer conditions and set events to the initial part of the war while creating the files units.gif, cities.gif, events.gif, rules.txt, terrain1.gif and terrain2.gif. If you do not first run RedFront.bat the game will not find these required files and will revert to the corresponding standard Civ II files.
    Now this redfront.bat stays on my screen for about 0.1 seconds so not enough time to select enything

And when I just start it up it shows pike's, inland transports and all other kind of crap.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
    (I use XP HE and the latest patch etc)

I don't know about the XP issue and the batch file, but the reason you need to run the batch file is to replace the game.txt and rules.txt and the graphics files.

Without running the .bat, you'll just get the default units and unit parameters. I think that's your only problem... figuring out how to run .bat files in XP.

[obvious]And you need MGE/FW, but you knew that[/obvious]
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

this has been a problem before luckily enough with an answer, check out this thread http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=71041
      Cedric's Civilization 2 Page, Home of the FW, MGE, and ToT Patches

Comment

Thanks, I'm now watching the 30 min opening sequence

Comment

Originally posted by atawa
          Thanks, I'm now watching the 30 min opening sequence
          Ah yes... and it gets worse.

Good luck
          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Working...
          X