Column #135; By DaveV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Column #135; By DaveV

DaveV can count to four reasons as to why he is still playing CivII more than four years after its original release in his article entitled "Why I'm Still Playing Civilization II".

Comments/questions are welcomed here, or by contacting the author directly.

----------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS

I only have one reason why I still play. Because Alpha Centauri stinks! (Well I have two; the first one and also I'm not going to bother to try the "imitations")

------------------
    "Freedom, Trade, Christantine!"

The Official Webpage of the Chrisonian Republic

The Viking Archives
    "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
    "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
    "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

Pretty much says it all.Great column DaveV.
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Hear, hear. I couldn't have put it better.

Smash? Are my eyes going? Or have you stopped hitting the space bar after full stops?

------------------
        finbar
        Mono Rules!
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I enjoyed the article, especially as it was concise and well structured. I have the same reservations about some of the exotic scenarios!

Can we change the DaveP to DaveV in the thread title?

----------------
          SG (2)
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Great article. I only recently upgraded from a PC clone myself, and I still haven't tired of Civ, but Civ 2 (TOT since it was the only version I could find locally) was the first game I went hunting for. I hope future versions will continue to meet the promise of the first two.

quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 10-08-2000 04:31 AM
            Can we change the DaveP to DaveV in the thread title?

----------------
            SG (2)

Yes, I was quite surprised to see my name on an article. Please change it.

Comment

Its nice to see that Apolyton is such a big part of the civving experience. I think you may have summed up many members sentiments exactly. There seems to be a big group feeling here. Great little read!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Smash on 10-07-2000 11:52 PM
                Pretty much says it all.Great column DaveV.
                Pretty much says it all! Well done DaveV.

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
                "The Great Library must be built!"
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

So true... So true...

I would only add that one of the reasons I still play is that I can easily find people to play against.

It will be interesting to see what happens when CivIII comes out. I look forward to it, but at the same time, I'm concerned that they will develop a game that is soooooooooo different that it will lose all the good things that have made CivII such a good game.

The good news is... if they do screw it up, we still have CivII to play
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

[worried]I'm really starting to wonder if there is going to be a MAC version.Firaxis' answer was a tad grey.[/worried]
                    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Sorry about the thread title error -- it's not possible to rename the thread, but simply delete it and start a new one and losing all the posts already made in the process.

----------------
                      Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by DanQ on 10-09-2000 10:27 PM
                        Sorry about the thread title error -- it's not possible to rename the thread, but simply delete it and start a new one and losing all the posts already made in the process.

Thread title changed

------------------
                        Ming
                        CivII & Off-Topic Forum Moderator
                        Ming@Apolyton.net
                        [This message has been edited by Ming (edited October 10, 2000).]
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I was gonna say, I've seen Ming change titles a bunch of times in the OTF...

Comment

I stand corrected.

----------------
                            Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Working...
                            X