X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrSpike
    It's not the sort of thing you'd do in a MP game
    *sigh*
    Yes, I was hoping for a something that you calc easily on the fly. Like, the seventh city built, if it's on a hill.....

Don't have time for calculations that early in the game when it's taking all four players less than 60 seconds in total.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hehe I'm not sure if you've seen the calculations required to work out which commodities are supplied/demanded. You need to use all the terrain around the city, and techs affect it, along with factors like population. Then you take away the number you first thought of. I didn't even bother even in the SP ELG.

Wildcards though depend only on map coordinates IIRC, so you might be able to work out some easy rules to help you along. However wildcards are practically only useful for helping you to decide between 2 equally attractive sites, since you don't really want to place your cities only according to wildcards. And it's still quite a messy formula.

Comment

If it was easy, I might build the extra city in a bad place if I could guarentee a repeating demand for hide.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Check out the Wildcard Maps Solo posted recently in the EL Guide: they should make finding a site that has Hides as a wildcard fairly easy, if you can do a little coordinate math fast...

Comment

Perhaps Rah can convince SG to automate it.

Comment

Working...
            X