No announcement yet.

Mongol Horde Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me know if I should sneak in sooner...
    That decision can only be made by the Git In Charge...

And once again, compliments to whichever Git or Gits set up the "title" chart for this game.
    It was most excellent to be "Supreme Khan" of a Democracy.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• As there has been no sight nor sound of SCG, let's assume that he is skipping again - go for it OnS

SG[1]
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• Looks great bunny man ...

SG[1]

Comment

• Well, I didn't get the Engineers and Cavalry I was striving for, but it is to be hoped those will be our next 2 techs.

As my wife can attest, I'm an expert at making "Inadequate" seem like an improvement.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The world in 1760 is pleasant and is a mixture of plenty and…dry. We have about 1K of funds, lead the world in techs and have a surprising …lack of power. This may be due I part to the few cities that we have. Toggle to 1.4.5 & see what can be done about this.

1764 (1) Discover conscription, opt for Exp over Comm, Fun, Theo, TG; (Tactics not offered -- it takes about 1665 beakers per advance) (Celts discover Phy. Carthage discovers Mag.)

1766 (2) (Zulu discovers conscription => Persia gets as well.)

1768 (3) Found Quinsay -- our 15th city; only four other civs have more cities than we do. Hmmmm Carthage drops of a camel & cat on our northern shore. (Meanwhile we set up a beginning chain of boats in their dierection…) seven truck deliver freight to the Zulus demanded were copper =296 and 348, the rest were not demanded products yielding values ranging from 154-206. With that in mind we RB some more trucks (to break even on the coins and reap the beakers.) (French develop Explosives & starts WS; Eygpt discovers Feud. (hmmm -- maybe we should go visit THESE people.)

1770 (4) Discover Explosives (Persia gets as well.) Opt for Tactics over Comm, GE, Mag, Ref, TG. build a harbor in Ormuz. Pop = 5M. An engineer traveling north bumps into the Carthage cat on our shore. we ask for a favor & they declare WAR (and oh we tremble -- but only because they are such a bag of wind.) The called up dragoon barely notices a scratch taking out the offender. The Zulu camel clogging out RR demands and audience (4 Rifles) and wants Sanitation (hmmm that’s not so bad…ok -- don’t really care -- we do want to deliver goods there & with their new rifles, it will be a while before we stomp on them.) there camel FINALLY arrives.

1772 (5) deliver four trucks to the Zulus -- three demanded; payoffs range from 260 to 354. Merge an engineer to Khan -- want to get that city back up to a reasonable level.

1774 (6) Discover Tactics, opt for Theo over AW, Comm, Fun, GE, Mag, Refine. Deliver a couple of trucks. Our new cavalry tests their merit (and find it fine) and take Leptis Parva (+179 & Mag.) toggle to 4.5.1. (Zulu dev. Eco “starts” AS)

1776 (7) Deliver some more freight -- notable is the demanded wine to Mpondo = 445. Random contact upon visiting the Orange convinces the Senate to sign a permanent peace treaty. We take the opportunity to demand that a nearby knight leave the area near Tabriz (one wonders if they have more than just a random unit on our shores -- have they settled a city?)

1778 (8) Zulu builds Adam Smith (Egypt abandons) Carthage warns about our cavalry’s closeness (yeah, yeah) discover Theology; opt for Elec over AW, Comm, GE, Refine, TG. deliver seven undemanded freight ranging from 84 to 238 in payoffs.

Notes for the next player. JSB is ours on the next turn -- the only reason not to accept it is if a civ researching Commy already has significant effort towards WS & may switch & get THAT too soon. I didn’t check their research, but so it might be a potential hesitation.

My wandering engineer in the North was aiming to road a few spaces, then settle (I wanted more cities but built trucks instead. Similarly, the RR is almost complete end to end.)

We have four trucks -- and all of them are in Zulu territory, with mostly demanded products.

We still have a spotless rep (so what). I decided that rather than squander that, I’d leave the next player the choice. Also with that choice is 8 cavalry (most are partially moved this turn) waiting to be shipped along the boat chain (yet to move) to Carthage to join with the nine cavalry already there. Only a few are vets, so the choice of smacking ; revolting, asking for tribute (we have SoL so we can return to whatever government next turn) and smacking or just sitting is up to you. Oh by the way, the city ripe for picking near Leptis is Caralis -- containing Magellan’s.

Have fun…I did.
            Attached Files
            Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

• A good read, OnS. I made the same choice re camels vs. new cities. In a conquest game, you get your new cities prebuilt by the other civs!

I'm a bit surprised you didn't get to Caralis yet. Copping Magellan's will be ssWweeet!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit

As my wife can attest, I'm an expert at making "Inadequate" seem like an improvement.
                I wouldn't dare ask mine
                Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Julius Brenzaida, where are you?

Comment

• We can still take Caralis on this turn -- the Cavalry in Carthage have yet to commit to action...
                    Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

• Originally posted by Old n Slow
                      We can still take Caralis on this turn -- the Cavalry in Carthage have yet to commit to action...

Can't believe you didn't go for it, OnS...

Comment

• Thank you JRabbit and OnS for keeping things moving. Please continue and work around us as all Gits will be on holiday for two weeks from this weekend.

---------------

SG(2)

Comment

• Have fun!

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                          Please continue and work around us as all Gits will be on holiday for two weeks from this weekend.

Much relaxation be with you!

That puts it to the Six thousand Year Old Man.

Comment

• Vintners of the world beware!

The SGs are on holiday and could be in your area.
                            Stock up! Stock up!

We'll need a special version of the SG smiley with sunglasses.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                              Julius Brenzaida, where are you?
                              Well, in Switzerland, as usual
                              I download the game and will play over the week-end
                              Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

• Originally posted by Old n Slow
                                We can still take Caralis on this turn -- the Cavalry in Carthage have yet to commit to action...
                                I guess it's up to me to risk my reputation and try to attack
                                Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Working...
                                X