No announcement yet.

Mongol Horde Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fundamentally brilliant and deeply satisfying. Just what this Hoard needs...more exclamations of glittery-eyed zealotry. Hammer away.

Monk
    so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

• Ah yes, Archbishop Keynes. I knew him when he was just Father Milton.

How many turns did that cover exactly? And why were no cities taken, razed or pillaged?

Oops - I realise now that you were interreigning above. Er, keep up the Good Work!
      Last edited by duke o' york; September 29, 2003, 05:48.

Comment

• Forgive my fanatism, holy masters
        But why talk about coins of gold when our swords are in our hand and so near the AI throat.
        With the help of the Gods, we have more than enough to finish the evil ones
        Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

• Barbarians!

(\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• The Benevolent Shamaness

A monster ...
            Clearly the Egyptians and Persians are not long for this world. The French may see my reign out - we shall see.

1874 = Buy all outstanding white goods - adjust sliders: currently at 8.0.2 we have no celebration, income @ 1996g, 161beakers (15 turns); move to 5.5.0 - potential for >90 cities to celebrate income reduced momentarily to 1620g + 11 beakers - a deal of micromanagement this turn - but all routine maintenance once established.
            We have only 2 SuperHighways!! Buy a few. Sell the odd Granary! Save Genoa! Sneaky little bear pit left there for the unwary!! And, I think I'm done - four hours after opening the game.

1875 = 92 cities celebrating; 9 MarketPlaces, 5 Harbours, 6 Barracks, 2 Port Facilities, 16 SuperHighways, 1 Bank, 1 Aqueduct & a Temple built; Slider to 5.4.1, income becomes 2503g + 201 beakers (12 turns); Copper(d), Rhonda-Paris, 411g; French see the error of their ways and gift us 101g, a large Hanging Basket and a run down Theatre all wrapped up in a nice parcel called Paris; Oil, Naples-Tours, 230g; Brest; Dye(d), Caernafon-Issus, 163g; Oil, Rusicade-Salzburg, 160g; Salzburg; Issus; Toulouse; Alexandria; El-Amarna; Lisht; Hieraconpolis; Persians declare war - silly people; Susa; Pasargadae; Bactra (destroyed); Tarsus; Which genius thinks its a good idea to terraform grass into plains? Why is a Copper Freight exploring a barren island in the far North? Oil(d), Cunaxa-Swazi, 131g; Spice(d), Aberistwyth-Kells, 48g ;

1876 = 8 more cities celebrate; 4 Marketplaces, 1 Harbour, 8 Super Highways, 1 Colosseum & 1 Airport; Rocketry->Space Flight; Income: 2915g + 214 beakers (11 turns); Buto; Tyre; Poitiers; Marseilles; Gold(d), Kashgar-Mpondo, 318g; Gems(d), Izipezi-Umfelosi, 42g ; other local deliveries

1877 = Another 8 celebrations, 14 Marketplaces, 1 Harbour, 3 Super Highways, 2 Banks, 1 Temple; Income: 3279g + 227 beakers (11 turns); Bloody Persians suddenly wheel out a tank and blow away a vet Mech Inf guarding two Howies - must take more care!; Samaria (destroyed); Edfu; Rheims; Dijon; Lyons; Tours; Strasbourg; Genoa; Venice - mainland France cleared; We only have 5/15 of the outlying French cities in sight - hence Space Flight and a WoW slow burning in Karakorum to be Apollo; Prague; new-Bactra founded to restore communications; Oil(d), Umfolozi-Ormuz, 198g;

1878 = Every city in the Empire celebrates - The Horde is Happy; 2 Marketplaces, 11 Super Highways & an Aqueduct built; Income: 3795g + 261 beakers (9 turns); Silk, Leptis Magna-Bordeaux, 40g; Bordeaux; Salamis; Cherbourg; Mendes; El-Ashmunah (destroyed) - Egyptians are no more; Persepolis; Sardis; Arbela - Persians go too; Adjust tax slider to 5.3.2: The Horde is still Happy, income looks like 3887g + 472beakers (5 turns);

Seems like a good time to hand over - enjoy as much as I did ... The Hammers are indeed singing

Stu aka Scapulette
            Attached Files
            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• I stand corrected -- a happy fundy looks to bring in more income than a cash driven fundy.

My hat goes off to a master.
              Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

• French see the error of their ways and gift us 101g, a large Hanging Basket and a run down Theatre all wrapped up in a nice parcel called Paris;

I remember the frustration of trying to compete with size 7 Paris for the HG, back on my first go-round in this one. Nice to see them crushed

I should be able to D/L and play in the next couple of days, now that my Demogame duties are almost complete
                "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

• Re: The Benevolent Shamaness

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                  A monster ...
                  The Hammers are indeed singing
                  Indeed, indeed
                  Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

• Celebratory economics

Originally posted by Old n Slow
                    I stand corrected -- a happy fundy looks to bring in more income than a cash driven fundy.
                    Elementary my dear OnS.

@1874
                    Current income (from F5) : 1996
                    less tithes (estimated @ 6 x number of cities x 1.5 to allow for MP, Bank etc) : ~ 1000
                    thus raw income is ~ 1000

Current tax rate 80% proposed tax rate 50%, therefore approximate loss of income is 3/8 * 1000 ~ 375

Approximate number of celebrating cities (adjust tax slider and look at F4) : 90
                    multiplied by estimated average number of trade squares in use per city : 7
                    gives 630 extra trade arrows
                    add 10% to allow for knock on effect on trade routes ~ 700
                    of which 50% are proposed income x 1.5 for MP, Bank etc gives a celebratory gain of ~ 525

So in this case celebration is likely to nett approximately 150g more/turn. couple this with an aggressive white goods policy and the outcome is clear ...

The Horde likes being happy ...

Scapulette (High Shamaness (retd))

Comment

• Status report:

The French are missing Well, most of their cities are, anyway, so we're on a hunt. I should be able to play 5-6 turns and hopefully finish the job over the next few days.

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

• And the definition of a few days is...?
                        Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

• few ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fy)
                          adj. few·er, few·est

Being more than one but indefinitely small in number: bowled a few strings.

(websters.com)

Did someone say...

A monster ...

This is taking a while, but I am working on it.

Comment

• An update:

The French have been finally located in 1881 - their remaining 8 cities are due west of Persepolis. I was planning to play 6 turns, which may not end the game - but 10 turns certainly would.

Comment

• We only have 5/15 of the outlying French cities in sight - hence Space Flight and a WoW slow burning in Karakorum to be Apollo

Did this help?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scouse Gits

We only have 5/15 of the outlying French cities in sight - hence Space Flight and a WoW slow burning in Karakorum to be Apollo

Did this help?
                                Yes, it did. I never would have guessed the French had built cities so far away from their core cities.

Comment

Working...
                                X