Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by Lews Therìn on 09-18-2000 01:54 AM
    The older your world is, the more broken up the terrain is -- fewer patches of a single type of terrain.

HAHAHA!

EVERY time I put in the oldest world I get NO hills, NO mountains, NO swamp... only giant bits of grassland and a few sporadic forests!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Ribannah on 09-16-2000 10:43 AM
      Tribes get their picks for starting position in the order of appearance.

Is this in the same order as they are listed when making your selection for which tribe you are going to play? I hadn't noticed that much of a difference from one to another. Then again, if I get an unreasonable starting spot, e.g., on one of the polar caps, I just start over.

BTW. I thought my version had become demon possessed last night. I went to build a road with a settler and the "Revolution?" window kept popping up. After three or four accidental revolutions, I then noticed the Caps Lock light on.

------------------
      Frodo lives!

Better dead than "Red"... or green... or blue... or yellow... or orange... or purple... or white.

[This message has been edited by kcbob (edited September 19, 2000).]
      Frodo lives!

Comment

Do not know how you can avoid a poor starting position but my stratetegy is to go looking for something better. As soon as you find huts with military units send them exploring and get the settlers to improve whatever is available. Dont build a city yet and make sure you dont build a road or irrigate the square you have choosen for your first two cities. You should aquire some techs and some none supported military units from the huts plus some gold.
        I sometimes dont build a city until 2000BC. This does not work if you are on a small island. Send any Archers etc you have aquired back to defend your first two cities and any two movement units (horsemen) to carry on looking for huts. I play Diety/Bloodlust/Raging Hordes on a large map; works about 50% of the time for me.

Comment

Working...
        X