Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the one wonder that causes you the most trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by obiwan18

Our latest sxn game required the Apollo Program just to find all the AI cities.
    Or what about my no Settler game... it's 1500 AD and we haven't found any AIs yet!

Come to think of it, that's probably why they don't play gigamaps
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

The question was: which one would we, ourselves, not build, but that we hate the computer to have.
      Well, besides the obvious Manhattan Project (most of us don't like nuclear wars to begin with), I'd say the UN. Because those forced treaties aggravate me. I've built my civilization up (with a dozen super cities), following an isolationist policy, until the endgame where I finally feel like smashing my many opponents (usually personified by the Mongols), and get frustrated when the ai keeps forcing treaties every time I capture a city. Yet, then again, after a nuclear war develops that forced treaty can be okay, because it prevents the ai from nuking my newly acquired city.
      Last edited by sirsnuggles; July 10, 2003, 00:29.
      No greater love has one than to lay down their life for a friend.

Comment

The GL.

Carolus

Comment

GW.... i like to war early, so it allows that civ, usually in my path to annoy me.
          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

The answer to this will depend upon what type of game I'm playing.
            If I'm going for OCC then losing any of the vital wonders will likely spell doom: Colossus, the Observatory, the College or Shakespeare's will mean that the game is nigh unwinnable, but I may be able to creep back if the AI gets Apollo first and I er, use the right kind of diplomacy to send my reputation down and my chances of seeing my SS rivals demolished right up.

In a normal game then I wouldn't like to lose Mike's or see the Manhattan built. Leo's could prove a bit of a pain if I lost it, if only because my settlers will not upgrade to engineers and improve their work-rate.

In either sort of game it is always a massive pain if the AI builds whichever wonder I am using as a placeholder to pile my trucks into to build quick SS components. That makes me more than a little annoyed!

Comment

[SIZE=1] Originally posted by War4ever
              Nice avatar
              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
              Middle East!

Comment

Working...
              X