Declaring war during diplomacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Declaring war during diplomacy

During diplomacy sessions you are often asked to declare war on a third party. If you do so does your reputation take the same knock as it would if you simply attacked them and broke the ceasefire/peace/alliance?

Anyone know?

Thanks in advance,

Adrian Bates
    [This message has been edited by a_bates (edited September 07, 2000).]

Certainly your reputation takes a hit - whether it be the same hit I cannot say.
    Hope this helps

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
    "The Great Library must be built!"
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

well, at least according to the manual, you take less of a hit if you are asked by a third party than if you were to simply attack the second party. Other than that, can't really say much since my natural style has always been aggressive isolationist expansionist.

------------------
      April Cantor: Sire, in order to expand further we must first gain favor of the King

SCG: darn, I've never really got the hang of that tribute thing, guess it will be a long time until i make prince

*goes off and starts gifting gold and techs*
      Insert witty phrase here

Comment

According to the manual that comes with the game, the hit is reduced. I did this for the first time recently (trying OCC, potential opponent was miles away and I had vet riflemen fortified on mountains alround my city) because I needed the money, and I deteriorated from spotless reputation to excellent, compared to a fall to honourable when breaking treaties single handedly.

Happily, I made peace next turn too, so money for old rope. I could not guarantee the same will happen to you though!

Comment

Ok, thanks for the help guys. It has been so long since I originally read the manual I had forgotten that it mentioned it.

Comment

Working...
          X