Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Many Units!

I was just playing Red Front and I got this message:

A new units cannot be created because there are too many units in the game. Try disbanding some units.

Never seen this before..... does anyone know what the max # of units is?
    I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Somewhere around 2000 I think.
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

It's a good way to leave the AI scrambling for defenders and offensive units if all you do is build, build and build some more.

Gatekeeper
      "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

I've played RF front three times and it has happened to me just once,
        sucks a little
        Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
        Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
        miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

The limit is 2048, or 2047, I'm not sure which.
          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Get rid of some of the weak extra infantry units behind the front lines, disband to help build better units. You can also disband some front line units, but this can be considered a cheat if it prevents losses which give the German added units.

Comment

the problem is that if you do that the ai will build more units in his turn
              what i did when playing is to kill some german units and with the cheat mode i create the units i was going to build that turn
              i don´t like to enable the cheat mode but i didn't know what to do
              Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
              Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
              miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

I used to counter attack constantly and didn't encouter the too many units message in the ~6 times I played RF
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

it was during the first winter and i had been rushbuying units like mad.... actually happened again - this time for 6 units, so i just reloaded and disbanded some units.

2048 would make sense 2^11... unless of course they count the first unit as 0??? stupid programming
                  I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

I have only seen or heard about this problem happening in the few months before the first winter. As soon as winter starts, there are enough combat losses that it should not be a problem. The problem results from having too much money to rush build and or not saving enough of your start units as most red losses result in more German units being created.

Comment

I can't recall for certain, but Julius' NoLimits patch raises most maxima in the game - does it fix this one?

SG[1]
                      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I got it once - on the bog-standard WWII scenario. I was just wondering. Is there just say 2000 unit slots, and if one civ has 1750 of them, or is it say 500 per civ, so weak nations could still build?
                        How can you defeat an enemy which will never accept defeat?

Comment

There is a maximum for all players combined, and IIRC there is also a maximum for each player. Anybody out there know for sure. This has been discussed before, but its pretty far back if you want to searh old threads.

Comment

I too am uncertain, but believe that there is only a total unit number limit, no limit upon individual civs...

SG[1]
                            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                              I can't recall for certain, but Julius' NoLimits patch raises most maxima in the game - does it fix this one?

SG[1]
                              I can definitively say that it doesn't. The unit limit and number of cities limit seem to be capped at @2048 and @255.
                              "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                              "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Working...
                              X