No announcement yet.

Which utilities/helpers do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are correct. The map editor treats each pair of columns (even-odd) as one column, while the treats the evens and odds as separate column numbers. So a 75x120 map has the last tile as 74,119 in the editor and 149,119 in the game.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I use HF to direct early exploration, select prime city sites and check up late oedo years - other than that no helpers.

SG[1]
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Same as SG In MP games you don't have time for a lot of other things.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i use scouse gits hutfinder for mp, but when i play sp i go solo, now that i have memorized the oedo years for the most part..

the ones i forget i just add on my fingers

the hutfinder is only used for the first 20 turns or so, once i exhaust the huts near me... i tend to just go with it unless i come across an area i know hasn't been picked over.

but like rah said, i dn't have time between turns to do all the other stuff
          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Do not use any
            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
            Middle East!

Comment

Working...
            X