Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caesar the Great
    never trust the AI, they have no reputation
    Just don't trust them ever,that should do.
    After 1750AD they'll try everything to keep you at war.
    First there are the enumerous treaties to contain your agression(even if you haven't ever fought 1 battle or did the smallest harrasing of any civ)
    The never ending sneak attacks and tech thefts

and this afternoon I saw something that really looked sureal:
    I'm at war with the Carths and the Aztecs. I sign a Cease fire with the Aztecs(more is impossible because I haven't yet build UN) and a few turns later after conquering some Carth cities and killing a lot of their units I get a diplomatic meeting:
    "C: We are fighting a mutual enemy: "the Aztecs" and are winning(but I bet they haven't met them the last 25turns) ,declare war at the Aztecs at once."
    I knew the AI's are used to doing such things against me but with me against an other AI???

Shade
    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

remember this, if your rep stinks, a ceasefire against agressive nations mongols, zulus, isn't worth the paper its printed on! or any other nation for that matter...

bottom line, the ai will sneak attack you when it has the best option to do so...as a rule i thought it was 14 turns if your rep has no black marks against it , provided they attacked first.
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
        if your rep stinks,
        read " If your power is supreme"

Shade
        ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
        shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

I've found that every time I think a cease fire wont be made its made and every time I think it will be made its made, The AI is very Ironic.
          -J.B.-
          Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Hmm I always thought a cease-fire holds till the AI decides to contact you again. From my observation one time I signed a ceasefire and moved every troops away from the enemy, the outcome: it holds till the end of the game.
            Next situation:
            After the treaty I accidentally moved a unit next to one of my enemy about three turns later, he contacted me and whoops expired.
            Strange but true

Comment

Reinhard-Baer: I'm glad someone is using my pseudonym from the third AOW PBEM
              Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Yup - a CF lasts exactly as long as the AI chooses it to.

SG[1]
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by The ANZAC
                  Reinhard-Baer: I'm glad someone is using my pseudonym from the third AOW PBEM
                  Yup after reading all these interesting discussion threads I got the desire to register and participate but couldn't find a suitable name. While browsing your game-threads I found this name and I like it, it's very cool. Well now when I'm think about it I might have asked you first for permission but unfortunately I can't find the game threads anymore and I couldn't remember your name either, hopefully I didn't violated your copyright.

Hey you did a very good job as Reinhard Baer, invading France but unfortunately you weren't allowed to continue hmm perhaps I should post in this thread and demand that you should be installed again. Might cause a lot of confusion and would be very funny

Comment

Yeah I know, it took a few weeks for the confusion to settle down
                    No copyright, you can use it, actually I prefer you do
                    Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
                    X