Funny versions of Civ2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny versions of Civ2

I know this is wierd but I have seen two wierd verions of Civ 2, the first was one called Civ 2 Multiplayer but with out any of the CIC and FW add on's that came out, also from what I saw way before MGE. the other wierd things is in England we got UCC not MGE though they are the same just not in name, but some Englih shops got a English version call Multiplayer Gold Ediction (MGE) though it was not meant to come out here only the renamed UCC. Does any one kow were these two verions came from.

------------------
    I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow
    I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

As an after thought, their was also one called Evolution a scenario add on for Civ 2 even before CIC. Thanx

------------------
    I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow
    I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

I would be interested in answers too. In fact my MP disk is the MP (not Gold or Ultimate) that comes on its own in the UK - when you install it - it claims to be 'Ultimate Civ II' with a peculiar version that I will have to check at home tonight.

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

My MP claims to be:
        "Ultimate Civilization II 5.3.0f Multiplayer 1-February-99 Patch 2"
        whatever that may be...????

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Fell off the back of a truck maybe?

------------------
          finbar
          Mono Rules!
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

It probably has to do with distribution rights.Distributers make money too by having "territories".Different names make it easier to identify which versions belong where.
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

The thing is that this odd version of multiplayer came out way before UCC or MGE, and was just called Civ 2 Multiplayer. I have no idea were it came from. It is strange thbat it came out at all, but even if a ancidental release, why did not Microprose carry it on or list it in their products. They do not even seem to acept that it esists but it does?

------------------

Comment

Well, this wasn't a real "version", but I thought that the "Civ2 meets DOOM!" modpack's idea was quite funny...
                This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Working...
                X