Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone Please Help. FW Installation Troubles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Cedric! It seems to have worked now... I get the multiplayer menus and such...

A question, though: Were there any other big changes on the menu screen? Such as: more scenarios, or map options, or somesuch? Just curious, because I have nothing like that (i.e. stilly only rome and wwii, scenario-wise), but I thought I had heard that there were such things as gigamaps in MGE...

I'm probably just confused, but if you could humour me, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again!
    "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
    "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
    "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

MGE did come with many scenarios on the disk, unfortunatly most of them are copyrighted by Microprose/Hasbro/Infogrames and would not be legal for me to distribute I believe. Anyway besides the legality the scenarios files are quite big (counting the .wav files) and would have made the patch massive. As for Giga maps you should be able to find them downloadable on this site as well as CFC.
      Cedric's Civilization 2 Page, Home of the FW, MGE, and ToT Patches

Comment

did the errors/crash was when u install FW addon ?

close all residents programs (CTRL+ALT+DEL) except explorer.exe then retry. it should works like that

Comment

Working...
        X