General/Community Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General/Community Forum

Is it just me or does this forum seem dead compared to the other ones. Yet, you would think that this would be the most active. strange...
    Apolyton Empress
    "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

sounds like a case for the x-files
    Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

Well, it's probably because everything that's discussed about civ has basically been discussed. We've exerted it. When civ3 comes out, this forum will get a revival.
      Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

It's funny, here on the Civ II forum General is MUCH less used than strategy, probably because there are a lot of Civ II fans really dedicated to the game.

But look at the CtP forum, general does OK, though still less than Civ II, but only TWO topics in strategy have been posted to in the past 20 days. Hmmm, wonder if that says anything about CtP?

John-SJ

Comment

you know, I still havent bought CTP....
          I'm gonna just wait for Civ III, which btw, Mao, I think you hit the nail on the head.
          Apolyton Empress

Comment

Empress,

Waiting for Civ3, good choice! I recently let my curiosity get the better of me and bought a copy of CtP. Big mistake! I added all the patches and the Apolyton Mod pack and (IMO) the game is still GROSSLY unbalanced and just weird! In a game I played, around mid-game I remember making 3 discoveries in 6-7 turns and having 4 wonders and at least 6 (maybe 8) units obsoleted. Maybe if you're expecting it it's ok but try to imagine what would happen to your strategy if the same thing happened in Civ2.

Some people think this game is the best thing since sliced bread, but personally I just don't see it. Well, live and learn, right?

John-SJ

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by John-SJ on 06-03-2000 04:28 PM
              In a game I played, around mid-game I remember making 3 discoveries in 6-7 turns and having 4 wonders and at least 6 (maybe 8) units obsoleted.
              you should post your strategy in the ctp-strategy forum

Comment

Mark,

My strategy is simple. From now on I will follow Empress' wise example, wait for Civ3 while avoiding CtP. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

John-SJ

P.S.
                Not caring for CtP isn't such a bad thing though, it just means I will devote more effort to Civ II.

Comment

I still consider CivII to be the "sliced bread" of the Civ series. Until I am driven to the others from lack of new things to learn or lack of players, I'll stick with it.

CvII is the heart of the Civ world...
                  Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                  Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                  Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                  Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

quote:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

"We learn, bit by bit we learn." Joseph Stalin.
                    Das Wasser soll dein Spiegel sein
                    Erst wenn es glatt ist, wirst du sehen
                    Wieviel Märchen dir noch bleibt
                    und um Erlösung wirst du flehen.

The water shall be your mirror
                    Only when it's smooth you will see
                    How much fairy-tale is left for you
                    And you will beg for deliverance.

'Alter Mann', RAMMSTEIN.

Comment

Wow, I've just realised just how many forums there are!!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Pinkest Straw on 06-06-2000 05:34 AM
                        Wow, I've just realised just how many forums there are!!

yeah, but just remeber Off Topic is the best--whoops! I mean, Civ II forum is the best!
                        Apolyton Empress

Comment

Yeah the strategy is for strategic discussion always questions there.

Comment

Everyone's moved to Strategy or Off-Topic to wait for Civ III
                            main(i,_){for(!_||(--i,main(i+2,i["FHhhTBFHdhTBFBQT\2TBF&]zRF$hh*:FHhh+&FBIsbDF"]));
                            i&&_>1;printf("%s",_-70?_&1?"[]":" ":(_^=_,"\n")),_/=2);} /*- Mark -*/

Comment

It died after the OT was created...
                              This used to be OT before that fatidic day...

Comment

Working...
                              X