how can I trade.........?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can I trade.........?????????

I've been playing civ2 for years and Iplayed a lot of scenarios also but when I play the regular game I have a lot of problems getting good benefits with trading..
    We could say that I don't have a clue when we talk about trade.

Can anybody help me????
    Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
    Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
    miguelsana@mixmail.com

For years? Hang around Apolyton for a while and you'll play for years to come
    Anyway, when you build a caravan don't send it just anywhere. Where you'll send it depends on what you want to maximize.
    To maximize the immediate rewards in science beakers and gold, send it to a large, far away foreign city, preferably a city demanding the goods in question.
    You can also aim to maximize the per-turn value of the trade route. In that case send it to the foreign city with the most "raw" trade arrows. The city should be on another continent, on an island or connected with the supplying city by rail/road.
    There are formulas to calculate your profits and the per-turn value. Me not know them

------------------
    ugh crud, why won't they fall prey to my Machiavellian schemes?
    [This message has been edited by AkwaticDudeCity (edited May 29, 2000).]
    ugh crud, why won't they fall prey to my Machiavellian schemes?

Comment

Please note the formulae at ltswww.epfl.ch/~winkler/civ2.html#Trade although I should note that there's been a lot more research done into this issue beyond these.

Nonetheless, without wanting to harp on about it, you should try to make trade a key part of your regular game. Searching the threads in the Apolyton Strategy Forum will point you towards some different and interesting trading strategies.

Comment

Working...
      X