High Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Scores

Would be interested to know what sort of high scores people achieve in CivII. I have just reached 1058% with 163 cities at Deity level. Large map, 7 civs. Previous best 663%.
    I wipe out all civs apart from 1 city, and carry on to launch spaceship so it arrives in 2019AD. Monarchy till Fundy, then Democracy after conquering rest.
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Father Nick (edited May 26, 2000).]</font>

Follow the link at the bottom of the page to Civilization II, then check the Hall of Fame. I don't think these are particularly up to date, but they give you some kind of yardstick for comparison.

Comment

I think the official Apolyton deity high score is Ming's 20,000 pt game, where he quit in 1900 or so because of infinite food caravan hell. Some local ferrets told me that Rah is secretly trying to beat that score, but the go-to command is causing problems.
      Be the bid!

Comment

the high score thing is a bit of a farce.As you do,players pound the ai to one city.Use "we love" to swell population and food caravans after that.It doesn't require any special skill other than extreme patience and stubborness.Anyone can do 20000.Most try,but realize the futility of their efforts at the 3000-5000 range.Some take alittle longer...like 10000 I went to 4000 before I started to wonder what the heck I was doing.I still had to farm most of my land yet when I said @#$% this and launched.

I think just about everybody does it once then never again.
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

hehe Unless you have brotherly love, then it becomes a grudge match oh i am sorry, i meant friendly competition
          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Rah is not actually trying to....nah.
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I tried to reach a high score as far as I could go (on normal Civ 2) was about 7000 points before it reset back to 0.

My highest Civ 2 ToT score was about 800%, but I haven't tried.
              Das Wasser soll dein Spiegel sein
              Erst wenn es glatt ist, wirst du sehen
              Wieviel Märchen dir noch bleibt
              und um Erlösung wirst du flehen.

The water shall be your mirror
              Only when it's smooth you will see
              How much fairy-tale is left for you
              And you will beg for deliverance.

'Alter Mann', RAMMSTEIN.

Comment

I'm trying for the warlod record, about a few hundred points off so far.

Comment

My one super-high score game was a hundred-hour exercise in tedium. Moving 300 settlers to new cities every turn is extremely boring.
                  main(i,_){for(!_||(--i,main(i+2,i["FHhhTBFHdhTBFBQT\2TBF&]zRF$hh*:FHhh+&FBIsbDF"]));
                  i&&_>1;printf("%s",_-70?_&1?"[]":" ":(_^=_,"\n")),_/=2);} /*- Mark -*/

Comment

Nah, not every going to do that brain numbing excersize again. And you know the only reason Ming didn't score more, was he knew I'd wouldn't try it again. And the only reason he got that high was to beat my record. Last man to do it wins.

RAH
                    The ferrets, wife and daughter would move out if ever attempted it again.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

[quote]the high score thing is a bit of a farce.As you do,players pound the ai to one city.Use "we love" to swell population and food caravans after that.

I did just that. It was one of the most boring experiences ever. Moving 600 engineers around every turn and managing 254 cities just to boost your ego is only interesting for so long. When the turns started to take three ours each, I called it a day. At this time (around 1950), my empire had just crossed the one billion population mark, points were about ten to twelve thousand. (I added up the population off all the cities manually -> the AI lost track). It's an o.k. experience once, to satisfy the megalomaniac in you: 5 advances per turn! A stretch of railroad 20 squares long laid down at once! 12000 gold profit each turn! But there comes a moment when you know you maybe ought to get a life. If anybody has played this sort of game right through to the end, did they post the result somewhere on the net? Would love to see it.

------------------
                      Ceterum censeo Romanem esse delendam.
                      Hasdrubal's Home.
                      Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

The high scores are pointless. The real challenges are the fastest win conquering the world (Now 425 BC) and the fastest to AC (1075??) Also, there are other challenges, such as OCC, but I like the speed challenges.

Comment

a long time ago,in galaxy far,far away players used to see these games thru.You can find the hall of fame thru the front page.

OCC is a speed challenge.Kinda,sorta.At least it is now.Generally speaking,I can get to AC faster in OCC than regular games.

I remember when OCC was impossible.Now it is the easiest(1 city to manage) way for me to see AC.

Comment

My record is 37 advances in one turn (future techs 156 to 193, or something like that).
                            main(i,_){for(!_||(--i,main(i+2,i["FHhhTBFHdhTBFBQT\2TBF&]zRF$hh*:FHhh+&FBIsbDF"]));
                            i&&_>1;printf("%s",_-70?_&1?"[]":" ":(_^=_,"\n")),_/=2);} /*- Mark -*/

Comment

Working...
                            X