X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Succession Game Code Of Conduct

is there a SGCC writen anywhere?
    if not maybe we should write one.

post you comments and suggestions of what should be included and I'll add them up to that first reply on this topic.
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

(content added later )

Comment

Re: Succession Game Code Of Conduct

Originally posted by Andemagne
      is there a SGCC writen anywhere?
      if not maybe we should write one.
      The starter of any succession game will sometimes set out the rules of engagement. In the game Julius started he wished for only a basic summary of events. Everyone has followed his wishes. In the game started by Straybow he wanted to avoid science wonders... so all those taking part agreed to his rules. I prefer anything goes...see Mrs Mongol's Gold.

Sure there are times when we will argue about tactics/strategy. SG[1] and I do this all the time

However, there is a difference between the basics of good play and strategy. For instance, Monarchy should be the first target for science and wonders should be built by caravans as soon as Trade is available. These are the nuts and bolts of the game. If somebody does not know these fundamentals many players will point them out. This is called the learning experience

-----------------

SG(2)
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

If you are soliciting suggestions for a code of conduct, how about:

1) Posting a message to indicate that you have downloaded the game and a timeframe in which you will play.

2) Posting a message to say whether you will be skipping a turn, so that everyone doesn't have to wait.

3) Be courteous to others.

4) Have fun.

What else is there? The main thing with succession games is to keep 'em going, IMO.
        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Code? Code? We don't need no stinkin' code!
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
            Code? Code? We don't need no stinkin' code!
            oh! we DO! I love following codes.

Comment

Originally posted by Andemagne
              oh! we DO! I love following codes.
              Well you write one and follow it...but don't expect anyone else to do the same

---------------

SG(2)
              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
              X