What are succession games actually?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are succession games actually?

I open the threads, ream em but i don't quite understand what it is, but it seems interesting!
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Re: What are succession games actually?

Basically, One person starts a game, plays a set number of turns, and then saves the game and uploads it. The next person plays some turns, saves it, and so on... usually 5-8 players are enough for a good game. Sometimes there are rules and sometimes not.

People may play to learn, to share or just have fun.

Originally posted by Trajanus
    ream em
    But not share THAT way...
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

It is very interesting in case you play with experienced players from who you can learn a lot.
      The only "drawback" is that - since they are really experienced - you usually play deity level even if you are not used to (this is the challenge for them ).

Remember only, if you want to play, that succession games are time consuming and, because you are playing with other people, you should be ready to play or to pass your turn (or simply you have to say when you can't play)

Join one of the existing games!
      googol... this is a number!
      "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
      "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

Much fun is due to the uncertainty - you will not recognize the game from one of your turns to the next. All different playing styles get used. You must adjust to what the previous player leaves you, like it or not.
        The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
        intelligence to few.

Comment

Well, sounds like fun, i'd sure want to play it but not yet, ... i've got exams atm....
          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Good luck in the exams...

SG[1]
            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

ream em

But not share THAT way...

I just got the daily pop-up add: a "Health Care Product" called Horny Goat Weed.

What makes them think there'd be a market for that here?
              [Surreptitiously copies url… ]
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I'd actually like to join a succession game for fun, but only have ToT (though I like neither sci-fi nor fantasy scenarios much).
                Also, how long do they take (I know, I could try to compute it from the various games recently run)?
                Clash of Civilization team member
                (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

I think most games are just a few weeks. If you look below you can get 2.42 for a mere $9.99 US…
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

There are succession games for ToT too. Usually you can find them in the ToT forum. I would gladly start a new one
                    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

ToT succession games are harder to get going, I think, due to the fact there are relatively few ToT players compared to MGE and 2.4.2.

I've been involved in 2 ToT games that died out from lack of interest That said, I'd be up to try another one... I'm only involved in one of the 4 succession games currently running!

STYOM
                      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

I've got ToT but I'm in all 4… if you need a player I'll somehow find the time.

I just gotta find a tileset and unit graphics that I can stand. That's one reason I've only dabbled with ToT however innovative the fantasy and sf scenarios are.

Comment

I just gotta find a tileset and unit graphics that I can stand. That's one reason I've only dabbled with ToT
                          Funny. When I convert scenarios from other civ2 versions to ToT, I most often put the regular ToT terrain in place of the modified one. If only they had been intelligent enough to make pre-ToT scn and gifs fully compatible...
                          Clash of Civilization team member
                          (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

The default unit gifs seem to "float" over the tile, and often I mistake the location of a unit, perceiving it to be in the tile behind its actual location. Some are too small and hard to tell what the heck they are.

Maybe I'll wander into the downloads section and see what scn and gifs are there.

Comment

Working...
                            X