Wonder Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder Music

I have been trying to find the name/composer of a few Wonder Movies since this game has come out. Maybe some kind soul here will help. The wonders in question are Issac Newton's and King Richard's. I love the music that goes along with those two.

So will somebody please help an uncultured metalhead like myself. Im sure Judas Priest and Iron Maiden wont look too unkindly upon my defection after all my years of faithful devotion

------------------
    Zyanya...Always

"The sadness of bereavement
    The loss of innocence
    Hate made an untrodden path of my soul"
    Non Serviam

Check back through the threads in this forum and you'll find a couple of threads about various bits of Civ music and its sources. From memory, the threads had Music in their subject line, so the search shouldn't be too hard, even if it goes back a bit.

------------------
    finbar
    Mono Rules!

" ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Glohithia -

Tonight, for the first time (believe it or not) I looked at all the Wonder movies.
      Unfortunately, I believe only a few of them use "real" music, most of them appear to be cheesy synthesizer doodlings in one style or another.

The few exceptions I recognized were:

Bach's Cathedral: Fugue from Bach's famous Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor

Statue of Liberty: a John Philip Sousa march (forget the name)

Adam Smith's: a very lame rendition of Handel's "Arrival of the Queen of Sheba" from "Solomon".

United Nations: as I just posted elsewhere, this is so close to the soundtrack from Last of the Mohicans (Trevor Jones) that at first I thought that's what it was.

I don't recognize King Richard's or Isaac Newton's, but you are right, they are the best. You may be a latent Baroque-aholic, because they both sound like Italian Baroque (esp. Newton).

Try listening to some Corelli, Locatelli, Vivaldi, Tartini, or Mancini (Francesco, not Henry ), I bet you will love it! Baroque is more similar to rock than it is to classical. I'm a refugee from the Siouxsie/Bauhaus/Sisters school of music, a lot of Baroque fits into that same cranial pleasure receptor! Enjoy!

[This message has been edited by mindseye (edited March 02, 2000).]
      Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

Thanks for the input Mindseye. Bach's is the third of my three favorites, but I was able to track that one down. I was surprised to find the beginning of T&F in D minor was that little piece of organ music in all those old horror flicks. Cool

Now, if the other two pieces really are Baroque, I should be able to track them down too. They are very powerful pieces of music that instantly grabbed my attention. Id love to think there is all this cool music out there, as of yet untapped by me!
        Non Serviam

Comment

Yeah, J.S. Bachs Cathedral has, surprinsingly enough, Bachs music in it.
          Das Wasser soll dein Spiegel sein
          Erst wenn es glatt ist, wirst du sehen
          Wieviel Märchen dir noch bleibt
          und um Erlösung wirst du flehen.

The water shall be your mirror
          Only when it's smooth you will see
          How much fairy-tale is left for you
          And you will beg for deliverance.

'Alter Mann', RAMMSTEIN.

Comment

I know that Leo's uses music from a song called "Cantaloop" by US3
            Apolyton Empress
            "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

Ah, I see I was not alone! Now I'm positive it's Newton's music I need. Man with all the effort you guys spend in those off topic forums I'd think you would have had this covered by now. I'm so disappointed in you.

Comment

Working...
              X