Civ 2 and Windows XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 2 and Windows XP

Does anyone know yet whether civ2, especially the MGE and TOT versions, will work on Windows XP? It seems that we will be continuing to use those versions for multiplayer for a while

I downloaded that upgrade analysis from the Windows XP website and it said that my Red Alert 1 and my Norton programs would not work but nothing about my civ programs. Seems puzzling as MGE is about as old as Red Alert 1 I think.

I´ve read that XP is basically Win2000 with some improvements (e.g it uses Win2k drivers)? If that is true, perhaps Civ2 will run, since it runs on my Win2 perfectly...
    Blah

Comment

stay as far from xp as you can!!! microsoft has done some serious privacy violating things to it...
      "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Working...
      X