Please help, guys..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help, guys..

I'm new to Civ and I recently picked up Test of Time. Is there ANYWAY in civ 2 to set your cities to produce NOTHING. There are times, I feel, when i'd like my cities to produce neither troops nor city upgrades. How do I accomplish this?

Why the hell would you want nothing to be produced? Produce caravans if there's nothing else you want.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

capitilation or just set to build a temple and when done dont change it
      Just my 2p.
      Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
      Which shows you learn something every day.
      formerlyanon@hotmail.com

Comment

well, for instance, in Alpha Centauri, you can set your cities to produce extra energy if they aren't needed to produce other items.

Comment

If you don't have capitalization yet, just keep the city building something that was already built - you'll keep generating shields which can accumulate if you want to build something else.

Comment

Either capitalization (the Corporation tech) or caravans/freight for wonder building is the only real choice. Or scores of spies for any intelligence operation you want to carry out...
            The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
            intelligence to few.

Comment

Originally posted by saracen31
              If you don't have capitalization yet, just keep the city building something that was already built - you'll keep generating shields which can accumulate if you want to build something else.
              Then you'll get the annoying "already built" pop-up every turn. Big bummer, especially if you're doing it with several cities. I'm with the good Marquis on this one: capitalization, caravans or spies.

Another option is to have the city build a large, unnecessary structure, then sell it off. Still not as good as the other choices . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Earwicker

Then you'll get the annoying "already built" pop-up every turn. Big bummer, especially if you're doing it with several cities.
                Not if you turn off that reminder. Better to build improvements and just sell them if you have lots of cities you want not to do anything.... though why you'd want that is anybody's guess
                Cedric's Civilization 2 Page, Home of the FW, MGE, and ToT Patches

Comment

Well, as everyone's said, you can build nothing late in the game by "building" capitalization, and until you get capitalization your best bet is building caravans (even if you don't want to trade you can save them up for a Wonder). But if it's very early in the game and you haven't discovered Trade yet, consider building a barracks and selling it immediately, repeating the process until there's something you want to build. (I find myself doing this occasionally in OCC or with a small island start). You're then effectively converting shields to gold, which can be very useful early in the game.
                  "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Re: Please help, guys..

Originally posted by shogobunky
                    I'm new to Civ and I recently picked up Test of Time. Is there ANYWAY in civ 2 to set your cities to produce NOTHING. There are times, I feel, when i'd like my cities to produce neither troops nor city upgrades. How do I accomplish this?
                    As KrazyHorse already said, you can do that by building caravans or freights and
                    then, if you don't want to establish proper trade routes, drive them
                    into one of your own cities and earn a few bucks.

But there's also two other way to do this.

1. Capitalisation.
                    2. Builinding wonders and when you're able to
                    build something else, change to that.

I can't just understand why on earth it's so fun to build
                    nothing? I always build soldiers to strengthen my army,
                    if don't have anything else to do.
                    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Working...
                    X