Need help with ToT scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with ToT scenarios

I recently boight civ 2 ToT but am unable to run any scenarios i download due to either the game crashing upon startup or it saying the file format is obsolete. any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Daytripper

I am assuming by the way you've phrased your question that the game runs OK otherwise, and the only problem is with downloaded scenarios(?).

Does this include the Time Threat Paradox scenario? civilization.gamestats.com/cgi-bin/civ2files/file.pl?id=336 - 11MB

Have you installed the patch?
    civilization.gamestats.com/cgi-bin/civ2files/file.pl?id=334 - 3MB

Are you running other memory-hungry applications / programs in the background?

Have you attempted to alter any files in the game's directory?

When downloading the files, were there any interruptions during the download (e.g. modem dropped out)?

Comment

Are you trying to run a Civ2 scenario on test of Time? It won't work, unless you try Angelo Scioto's Civ Converter.
      "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
      -OOTS

Comment

I have used the civconverter downloaded from this site and have followed the instructions to the letter,however i still get the "game not loaded,file format is obsolete" when trying to load converted scenarios in tot.. anyone have any idea why? TIA Daytripper

Comment

See http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum29/HTML/000657.html where it appears as though the patch is required. You might want to contact Angelo at scotto.a@tiscalinet.it for more information.

Comment

Working...
          X