my question thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my question thread

As I play Civ II, I come up with lots of small questions on a variety of topics. None of them are a large enough issue for a new thread, so I'll ask them here.

In my most recent game I was conquering the world under fundamentalism (there was a pretty much global pact against me ). There weren't supposed to be any riots...er civil disorders. However, every city I captured rioted for one turn. That's because my reputation is "atrocious," right?

Also, is it possible for me to sign a City-name Pact to contain someone's aggression, or is it the AI's privilege?
    Truth is not negotiable.

i think every city i've ever captured has gone into that 1 turn disorder (except for cities that i've bribed) no matter what government i've used. this past weekend i took a city or 2 while being a republic with a spotless reputation and they went into disorder.

and its the ai's privelege. i've always used that as a measure of how well i'm doing. "darn, no pacts against me, i must be doing lousy"
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

ALL cities you capture will riot for one turn, if you liberate it they dont.

actually, those pacts you sign with other nations like "if you attack mongolia ill give you 500$" are secret pacts, you just dont see the name of it.
      "Nuke em all, let god sort it out!"

Comment

Demographics questions: how is life expectancy computed? And Mfg. (manufacturing?) Goods is the number of special resources you have?
        Truth is not negotiable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dictatress
          Demographics questions: how is life expectancy computed? And Mfg. (manufacturing?) Goods is the number of special resources you have?

Mfg is based on number of shields you produce Im quite sure -
          Im sure theres been discussions of the demographics in the strategy forum, may even be a thread in GL (Great Library - repository of Civ2 Strategy knowledge)

LOTM
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

The pacts are really funny when its like:

"Germans and Aztecs sign 'Xouaxacachitoloto Pact' to contain Chinese aggression"
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by splangy
              ALL cities you capture will riot for one turn
              I am not sure this is completely true. All captured cities get a lot of unhappy faces when you capture them, which is caused by both the capture and the fact that the happy improvements are always the first ones destroyed by bombardment. However, you can go into the city and take the workers off their squares an be Elvi for a turn, and start building up your temples etc.

Comment

But you still don't get any production out of them the first turn after they're captured, no matter how many happy citizens there are. Not sure about $$ or beakers. But the only way to build anything is to rush-buy or disband something until it fills the production box. Otherwise no shields. Just like in disorder.

Comment

Originally posted by FireDragon
                  The pacts are really funny when its like:

"Germans and Aztecs sign 'Xouaxacachitoloto Pact' to contain Chinese aggression"
                  Especially when you're on an isolated island, with only defence units, & at peace with everybody,...

Comment

Originally posted by rixxe

Especially when you're on an isolated island, with only defence units, & at peace with everybody,...
                    well, we all know thats when your most dangerous
                    "Nuke em all, let god sort it out!"

Comment

Working...
                    X