Who are those pirates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are those pirates?

You know how in the city view you have happy, content, unhappy, scientists, etc? Who are the black-clad people? I've only seen them in my city once before and couldn't work out why they were there. Are they pirates or something?

Actually, those are supposed to be very unhappy people. You get them as a result of too many cities. It's supposed to discourage ICS (IIRC), but it doesn't as much as it should.
    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Do they have a different effect to the regular unhappy people? They seem quite rare.

Comment

yes they are double unhappies.......you need to convert them to unhappy then to content....

with HG this isn't a problem ....without a happy wonder you may need temples instead of troops.....
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Sounds like I need to watch out for those very unhappy people. Their CTP equivalent nearly killed me several times. Which leads to a question.

Is there a fixed limit to the number of cities each government can rule without the very unhappy citizens? Or does it depend upon difficulty level, technological advancement, etc.? In CTP, there's a fixed limit of cities for each government, and if you pass it beware.
          Truth is not negotiable.

Comment

3 factors:
            difficulty level
            government
            map size
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

What level do you play at, R_J? It's strange that you have not noticed these black fellows long ago.

Comment

Light blue: Happy
                Blue: Content
                Red: too many=riot
                Black: too many=revolution

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                  Light blue: Happy
                  Blue: Content
                  Red: too many=riot
                  Black: too many=revolution
                  I'm not sure what this means ... as a confirmed ICSer (at Deity) I normally have black faces to contend with - they are very difficult/impossible to control with martial law, but happy wonders/improvements keep them satisfied without too much difficulty.
                  I am intrigued by the concept of a 'revolution' I have certainly never had one - what is it?
                  "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                  "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Don't think so, Odin;

Revolution happens in democracy (maybe republic too?) when a riot lasts for more than one turn.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The cat in your avatar cracks me up, KH
                      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
                      X