X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

um... doh.

Graag

------------------
    You should never smoke in pyjamas, you could start a fire and burn your face
    I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
    Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

Just thought I would say hi from another virgin poster.

I only started playing civII for about 2 months(better late than never) and now I am hooked. Please be nice and don't kill me until I can learn what I am doing.

Don't let the name fool you!!!
      [This message has been edited by Peacemaker (edited February 10, 2000).]

Comment

CYBERAmazon: What were your specific problems with Mac MPG? Have you tried the latest patch 1.1.1? If you still have problems please post them on the Mac Forum. We have been working hard with MacSoft's Brian Nesse to kill bugs!

Steve Clark: HEY! I'm originally from Colorado Springs!

------------------
        Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

"Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

In Civ 2 he who has the cash, wins. All you realy need is a fundimentalism, lot of cities, Michelangelo's Cathederal, and a lot of spys. FORWARD BABYLON!
          In CTP, I'd just lose I suspect... More practice needed.

------------------
          Seagoon: "A navy, milord, is an army, entirely surrounded by water!"
          -The Flea- [The Goon Show]
          Seagoon: "A navy, milord, is an army, entirely surrounded by water!"
          -The Flea- [The Goon Show]

Comment

Hey There STeve..... no the "fearded" Amazons.... are still hiding in the jungles and my fearless warrior know better than to fight in jungles .... cowards come on out of there and fight like men

hopefully that will do the trick lol
            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Hodad:

I'm actually a 26-year-old young man whose archaelogical, mythological and "what-if" interests have led to an ingrained respect for women who are intelligent, sensual and aggressive. Those are traits, IMHO, of descendants of the historical Amazon Nation.

Since I was born into a male body — and am quite satisfied, thank you — I've decided to settle for recreating the actual Amazons as best as possible. Hence the "cyber" prefix.

MacUser:

Brian and I tested and retested four or five betas that never solved the "application quit upon exit" error. He had some hunches and was working on a lead when his time on CivII was considerably reduced. We managed to fix everything else *except* for that one nettlesome error. It wouldn't be so bad, except one has to reboot the computer afterwards because any program not already running when CivII quit would not launch properly *after* the crash.

CYBERAmazon
              [This message has been edited by CYBERAmazon (edited February 11, 2000).]
              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

My buddy War: Sorry for not replying sooner, I don't visit here often. No, I don't ICQ but will be looking at how we can play together within my very limited time. BTW, you clobber those make-believe Amazons yet???

Mac: Cool. Been here since 1989 and I've seen grow from 250,000 to 500,000 in that time!

Comment

CYBERAmazon: That's interesting, because I have never had the crash-on-exit thing happen to me. I know others who complain about it. I must be living right or something. Don't know.

Steve Clark: I left Colo Sprgs about the time you arrived! All of my family still lives there and I am amazed at the growth every time I go home for a visit!

------------------
                  Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

"Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

MacUser:

Definitely consider yourself fortunate. I love CivII and CivII Gold ... unfortunately, the latter's pleasure is *greatly* diminished by its habit of crashing upon exiting it. You said others were complaining about the same thing ... per chance, how could I contact them? Maybe together, bouncing ideas off each other and Brian Nesse, we could solve this crash riddle once and for all.

CYBERAmazon
                    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

You know, I get up in the morning and the first thing I do (on those days when I don't have to go to work) is log in to Apolyton and go straight to the forums. I start reading (and posting) and before you know it, it's two or three hours later. Now this is all well and good but it's taking away from my time at the head of my nation conquering the world. Why do you folks have to be so entertaining?

Welcome, CYBERAmazon. Hope you enjoy these forums as much as I have.

------------------
                      Frodo lives!

Better dead than "Red"... or green... or blue... or yellow... or orange... or purple... or white.
                      Frodo lives!

Comment

KCBOB.... i too find it interesting to chat about the various elements of civ and to get to know some of my fellow gamers.... its amazing how much time is spent reading and posting at this site.....i try to be here almost everyday.....

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by CYBERAmazon on 02-11-2000 08:10 PM
                          Hodad:

I'm actually a 26-year-old young man whose archaelogical, mythological and "what-if" interests have led to an ingrained respect for women who are intelligent, sensual and aggressive.
                          Smart man
                          Apolyton Empress
                          "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

War4,
                            I'm still waiting for my orders to lead your hordes. Where do you usually play? I'm trying to MP more often but the lag time kills me.

"Whether friend or foe, we shall meet on the field of battle."

Comment

FMK..... you have arrived... as has my baby....so my playing is sporatic at the moment..... as i worship my son as Rah so eloquently put it.....

i will be looking to play zone games or here at apolyton.... do you have icq or have we already exchanged #s..... if not mine is 30200920

Comment

Working...
                              X