Greetings! I Am ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings! I Am ...

I just thought it would be prudent to introduce myself before partaking of any discussions on this collection of forums. Obviously, my handle is CYBERAmazon and I am an avid "Civilization II" and "Civilization: Call to Power" player.

My first experience with the Civilization series came in the mid-1990s when Sid Meier's original "Civilization" was ported over to the Super Nintendo. Needless to say, the strategy game hooked me immediately and, as the old saying goes, the rest is history.

It wasn't until CivII was ported over to the Macintosh that I was able to toss out my SNES copy and *truly* enjoy the graphical and computational power of CivII. Prior to that, I had to settle for watching my friend — who had a PC — play his copy and attempting to get the same "feel" out of the SNES version. That was in the fall of 1997, and since that time I've upgraded to a faster, more powerful Macintosh. However, CivII is still on my computer, along with C:CtP.

I am aware of Civ II Gold Edition and assisted with some beta testing of various patches that were released. Sadly, I've decided to stick with Civ II and C:CtP after none of the patches were able to address the problem my particular copy of CivII Gold had.

My handle? Well, IRL I am an avid follower of the Amazon Nation, a once-mythical society where women predominated. Archaeological evidence has since been uncovered to substantiate the Amazons existence in the past, thus giving credence to many of the Roman, Greek and ancient accounts of the Amazons. I thought it'd only be natural to select my handle based on this RL admiration for these independent-minded, aggressive and intelligent women. Plus, I like the ability of Civ II, where one can manipulate tribes, cities and terrain. Needless to say, the Amazon Nation is more than a long-dead culture on my copy of Civ II .

Well, this post is getting long. I look forward to interacting with all you folks, moderators and such.

CYBERAmazon
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

welcome to Apolyton.. let me be the first to say the Mongal Hordes led by myself are always looking for civ2MGE opponents

With that said i wish you luck and if i could quote Ming,

"keep on civin"

------------------
    Destroy or be Destroyed.
    Conquer or be Conquered.
    Strategy overcomes any odds.
    Hit first,fast,hit last.
    I am not a warmonger, i am just aggressively forcefull.

icq 30200920

Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

War4Ever:

Thank you for the salutations. As a leader of the Amazon Nation, you will have to go through my lands if you wish to conquer Europe and North Africa. After all, Asia Minor is the superhighway for would-be conquerors ... but only if they can get past the Amazons!

CYBERAmazon
      "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

Comment

CYBERAmazon.... i see a route to total victory, and that route has a track through your lands.... i believe a duel to the death is appropriate for there appears to not be enough room on earth for the two of us

------------------
        Destroy or be Destroyed.
        Conquer or be Conquered.
        Hit first,fast,hit last.

icq 30200920

Comment

I will be silently cheering on my fellow warrior, Prince War, in the inevitable clobbering of the Amazons back to their fantasy world.

Comment

lol thanks Steve,,,,, BTW do you icq, cause would love to talk strat on day with you. And i too would be interested in an honorable death duel with you as one of us needs to CLOBBER someone soon lol .

MY icq is 30200920 and let me know.. otherwise email is dieselonly@home.com

Once again thanks for the support

------------------
            Destroy or be Destroyed.
            Conquer or be Conquered.
            Hit first,fast,hit last.

icq 30200920

Comment

War4Ever:

I'm really a pacifistic perfectionist . Doesn't keep me from maintaing a minimum of three combat-hardened defenders w/i my walled cities along with a pair of offensive-minded divisions which like to hunt down errant Mongols. **LOL**

CYBERAmazon

Comment

lol good thing as i come in hordes of 12 attackers , five dips , three settler/engineers, a few boats and a scout.... oh and some defenders.... those walls are coming down.... and then the carnage begins Death to you or me.... one way or another LOL

------------------
                Destroy or be Destroyed.
                Conquer or be Conquered.
                Hit first,fast,hit last.

icq 30200920

Comment

War4Ever:

Hmm ... fairly impressive assault force. Good thing for home-grown spies, though. With their visibility from my cities and fortresses, they see your forces coming from afar. Enough time to rush Amazon offensive and defensive components from the core cities to the outlying provinces. We may be nature-worshippers, but that doesn't mean we're limp-wristed. More like fanatical ... a combination of Greenpeace and the 81st Airborne Division.

CYBERAmazon

Comment

Oh Goody! I don't believe my Expansionist Fundamentalist Peace Engine has had a slice of 81st Airborne before - although I seem to recall a very short lived GreenPeace resurgence some time before.

In the unlikely event of Prince War & Steve leaving anything behind - I would like a piece please.

Welcome CA, join the happy throng

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
                    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

In what should be the words of the moderator: Welcome!

Are you a woman/girl?
                      It's just that there are barely any here...

Comment

damn, with an attack force that big, i'd be butchered in 2 turns or so!!

------------------
                        ThermiteB(that's me!) RLZ like HELL!!!!!!!!!!
                        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Trajunus..... so long as the defenders are better equiped than the attacker, you can survive unspeakable odds.... last night in a game i watched my opponent land an invasion force of at least 30 units comprised of knights, pikemen, catapults, a couple of dips..... i had three units in my capital which i rushed with walls and a barracks when i saw him chugging along in his 15 triremes lol....

Now i am not sure how many units exactly he had but it was more than thirty i am sure.... i had leos and had just upgraded to riflemen and they werent vets.... well after a few attacks they became vets.....

I couldn't whatch as i thought for sure he was going to kill me..... haha i was wrong..... barely a scratch to my units and then i used the three rifleman on attack and destroyed 16 units on one square and five on a nother ...... breathed a sigh of relief cause all his catapults had no chance to hurt me....... needless to say... he was cursing or muttering i am sure and basically that was the game.....

Golden rule.... superior defense in this game always prevails..... war is on the side of the defender if the units are even moderately close in strength.... obviously a battleship will take out a phalanx.... i mean this isnt' civ1 any more

------------------
                          Destroy or be Destroyed.
                          Conquer or be Conquered.
                          Hit first,fast,hit last.

icq 30200920

Comment

Yes, thankyou War for making my humilation oh so public. How was I to know you'd upgrade to goddamn riflemen the turn before I landed. Grrrr. That was most annoying, belive me. And where was your defensive terrian? Just a nice hill somewhere to land my vet pikes on so my vet catapults could wreak havoc.
                            It wasn't such a terrible plan. Really it wasn't. I'll get you next time Gadget, erm, I mean, War.

Graag

------------------
                            You should never smoke in pyjamas, you could start a fire and burn your face
                            I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
                            Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

actually Graag.... i never mentioned your name but now you have ....lol i never mention my opponents name here unless its MING of course ... btw are we playing or what

Comment

Working...
                              X