Civ on a PDA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ on a PDA

I am going on vacation tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has come across a game similar to Sid Meier's CIV/SMAC legacy series that runs on a PDA? (I am afraid that I will have Civ2 withdrawal symptoms! )My second choice would be a Space Empire strategy game (i.e. similar to Space Empires IV).
    Nethog

I must really be out of the loop. What on earth is a PDA?

sboog

Comment

sboog, PDA=Personal Digital Assistant, or computer organizer. Perhaps the best known is the Palm Pilot series.

Comment

OK. Thanks. I do know about Palms, but just didn't get the PDA term.

sboog

Comment

I remeber when PDA used to stand for Public Display of Affection. I guess I got old...

Comment

My PDA is a Palm V. PDAs like mine have some really nice attributes: long battery life, instant on/off (no long boots like windows), fits in shirt pocket - you can whip out your PDA almost anywhere and read or play games. I do this sometimes while in line-ups, etc. I did find a pretty cool PDA strategy game today called "Space Commander" , but its a space strategy game - not a land-based game. Anyway, I will keep on looking.
            Nethog

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
              I remeber when PDA used to stand for Public Display of Affection. I guess I got old...
              Nope; it's still used, along with "PDH".
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

i would hazard a guess that almost any modern day pice of electroincs could run civ1. even a rist watch
                eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

I don't know that this has been done, but it is an excellent idea. I think even Civ II would be able to run on todays PDA's. That would be nice to have a pocket Civ II for a trip.
                  Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                    isnt the PDA using a PALM V illegal in most countries !!!!

GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
                      I don't know that this has been done, but it is an excellent idea. I think even Civ II would be able to run on todays PDA's. That would be nice to have a pocket Civ II for a trip.
                      I agree. Considering there has been a PalmOS version of SimCity for years, it wouldn't be unrealistic to hope for a Civ II for Palm eventually as well. I think, however, that it would require a couple of megabytes of free memory and a color screen for the interface to be good enough, so I have little hope of ever having such a game on my Palm m100... but Civ II for modern color Palm devices would sell lots of copies and might give people one more reason to buy a Palm PDA. A PocketPC version might be easier to make as PocketPCs have more memory and larger screens, but it wouldn't necessarily be as popular...

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Nope; it's still used, along with "PDH".
                        Okay I guess I'm sheltered. I knew both forms of PDA, but what's PDH? Public Display of Hedonism, Homosexuality, Hogwash, Hiccups?
                        -HOWITZER AL-
                        -------------------
                        Some complain that God put thorns on roses,
                        While others rejoice that He put roses among the thorns.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin

isnt the PDA using a PALM V illegal in most countries !!!!

Damn your weird mate....
                          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                          X