Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ2 Multiplayer

Has anyone heard of the program listed on this site?:

Seems pretty good but I wanted to see if anyone has tried it before I downloaded it.

Also, are there any sites where people get together to play multiplayer games?
    Email address:
    ben_e_gas@yahoo.com
    The other one I used to register here doesn't work.

ummm

Also, are there any sites where people get together to play multiplayer games?
    Hows about this one?

What part of mass you from ben?
    I see the world through bloodshot eyes
    Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Wakefield, MA. How about you, King?

I'd definatley like to play someone else who has the MPciv2 patch and ICQ. But how do you find them? I also have no idea how to start the game using the MPciv2 patch.
      Email address:
      ben_e_gas@yahoo.com

Comment

Malden (practically neighbors )

What you're gonna want to do first of all is find some people who want to play the same kind of game as you. Start a thread in the mp forum.

Then, have someone else setup the game as the host. They will then send you the ip to connect into the game. Go through the multiplayer options selecting "join multiplayer game" and enter your name and then ip address provided. You'll then pick tribe etc. and then world will be set up. It's very simple. Do it once and you'll have it down pat.

Good luck
        I see the world through bloodshot eyes
        Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Thanks pal. I'll give it a shot.
          Email address:
          ben_e_gas@yahoo.com

Comment

you can also play at this website http://zone.msn.com for free..many Mp ppl come here to play
            HawkHunter Chief of the Crusaders Tribe.. http://www.rathergood.com/vines/

Comment

Hey thanks! I've been trying to find this hack since aol deleted my hard drives, but couldn't remember where.

I myself just use it for hotseat games.
              Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
              ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

is this patch compatible with civ 2 MPGE ???
                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
                  is this patch compatible with civ 2 MPGE ???
                  It will not interact with other MGE gamers. But my patch does. get it at http://hometown.aol.com/cedricgreene
                  Cedric's Civilization 2 Page, Home of the FW, MGE, and ToT Patches

Comment

Not that I don't trust you Cedric , but has anyone else out there tried this patch? I've owned Civ II v2.42 for five years and have never MPed. I'd like to give it a shot before Civ III comes out, and I'm not willing to spend another 40$ on something that should have come in the original package.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Hey! Just noticed this. You were born 16 days before me, Cedric.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Yarggg! Neither the FW patch nor the MP patch I got from Cedric worked! I kept getting the message "ICDecompress returned value -3". I have a perfectly clean version of Civ2 v2.42 that I reinstalled straight off the CD. Damn.
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

is the patch working now ? i have a friend who wants to play but cannot afford the mpge edition but does own the classic civ 2
                          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

ICDecompress value? are you playing on a compressed disk? What are you using to unzip the files? (try www.winzip.com) Did you try the .exe?

Krazy Horse- 16 days older haha
                            Cedric's Civilization 2 Page, Home of the FW, MGE, and ToT Patches

Comment

I'm not playing on a compressed disk. I tried both the exe and the individual zipped files. I used WinAce to decompress. I'l try using WinZip, but I doubt it'll make a difference since the exe behaved the same. I got the error when I started civ2. First the Heralds (do you have enough RAM?) screen popped up. I have 64 megs (or 128; I forget), so I'm okay. Next, the Civ music started, but the screen remained black. I got the error message on one of those Windows error popup boxes with only one button "OK". I clicked OK, but the same message popped up again. Ctrl-Alt-Del wouldn't end the task, so I had to reset. I hope it's just a minor bug. I'm no good with comps, but I can tell there was a significant amount of work done here. Thanks (even if it doesn't work).
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X