More than 8 Civ Hack CivII/TOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than 8 Civ Hack CivII/TOT

I totally forgot how to do this - haven't played Civ in, like, a year (shame on me). Re-installed on a 1 GHz Athlon (played 23 Civs in CTP-II & works great!), but can't remember how to hack CivII / TOT for more than 8 Civs. Is it in Game.txt, Rules.txt?

I'd like to play at least 16 civs. Any clues?

I don't think game.txt holds the answer... if we just added "8 Civilizations" as an option, the game would take that as 7 civs, with all the rest bumped down similarily. So that wouldn't work...

I think it might be hiding somewhere in the DLL files. I used to have the tools to be able to look into those DLLs, but I don't on this new computer. If I find them, I'll try my hand at it.
    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

I believe that the game engine cannot hack more than 8 AIs in CivII... However, more strength to your collective right arms - I would be most interested in a successful hack....
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Hiya Vlad, yeah, making changes in Rules or Game.txt didn't do anything. I was sure I recalled there some way of hacking it for 16 civs, but maybe I was thinking strictly about CTP.

You may be totally right, Scouse, that the game won't allow it without actually hacking code. Looks like it might take a bit of serious digging.

If I come up with anything, I'll let everyone know.
        Cheers.

Comment

It's possible, to get more than 8 Civs. See this thread in german.

Comment

Thanks for reminding me how poor my knowledge of German really is...

Care to translate the pertinent points, or should I just run the whole shebang through babelfish?
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
            X