I've been away for way too long...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been away for way too long...

Ok, I've been away from the boards for way too long. Someone tell me, what happened to Moderator Ming? (No offence, DaveV.)
    "Three word posts suck!" - me

"...and I never will play the Wild Rover no more..." - Various

Me thinks you were looking at who the posted last and thinking it was the forum moderator.

RAH
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Re: I've been away for way too long...

Originally posted by Bohlen
      Ok, I've been away from the boards for way too long. Someone tell me, what happened to Moderator Ming? (No offence, DaveV.)
      Ming is still moderator. You were fooled by the new option, "show last poster".
      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Not moderator material...

You couldn't pay me enough to do Ming's job. Oh wait, they don't pay him anything!

Comment

Darn it to heck! You're right. Me feel foolish now...

Love the new boards. Feels a lot more powerful and the look is great. Thanks for the info guys. Glad Ming is still in charge...I don't think anybody else could keep this group in order like he does.

Dave:

The PBEM game is the only one I've been involved with in the last couple of months. I haven't even played SP since getting a new PC in March. I've got civ loaded, but can't seem to pull myself away from all the other gadgets and programs on that speed demon of a PC. I'll have to look for the PBEM post and give it a quick update.

Comment

Welcome back. . Wait until he sees the GL, OCC size 1, and the 776 AD landing.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

OCC size 1? huh? Looks like I have some searching to do.

Comment

I'm still waiting for someone to do an NCC: No City Challenge (AC landing without ever founding a city)
                -HOWITZER AL-
                -------------------
                Some complain that God put thorns on roses,
                While others rejoice that He put roses among the thorns.

Comment

Sorry, Al, both Bloodlust and AC without ever founding have been done!! IIRC by Ming himself ...
                  "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                  "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Bohlen
                    OCC size 1? huh? Looks like I have some searching to do.
                    I told you so.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Besides OCC size 1 and early landings, there's Oedo, Solo, and Samson cracking codes and a revival of the Roman and WWII scenarios, as the cool Frenchman, La Fayette, takes Spain and conquers the world. Amazing how much is going on and being discovered in a game this old!
                      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Scouse Gits, don't forget the "do both, conquer and ac" without founding a city. I conquered the world the same turn the space ship was landing.(technically the turn before)

RAH
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Wow!

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
                          Besides OCC size 1 and early landings, there's Oedo, Solo, and Samson cracking codes and a revival of the Roman and WWII scenarios, as the cool Frenchman, La Fayette, takes Spain and conquers the world. Amazing how much is going on and being discovered in a game this old!
                          I'm away for 2 months and all this has happened! Wow! Is this the renaissance period of Civ2 or what?

Comment

Well with a 396 landing it certainly seems so...

Comment

Working...
                            X