Is 2.42 the latest version of Civ 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 2.42 the latest version of Civ 2?

I have version 1.06 and added the patch 2.42.

Is there a later version of Civ2 (Not MGE or ToT. Classic Civ2) My version was made in 1996. Are the CD's that came out later a higher number?

Reason I ask is that I saw a new double jewel case of Civ2 at Media Play selling for $9.98. Anybody have this? Any guesses on what version number it might be?

And if it is a later version, would there be an advantage to buying it?

I have a new computer with WinME, and at times I've had problems with the music not playing in Civ2.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

sboog

Civ 2.42 IS the latest patch for the game.

There is also Civ multiplayer (or civ gold in USA) that let you play with other players over the Lan or Internet.

So if you want to play online you'll need the multiplayer (or gold) civilization II.

But if you only want to play sing player then DON"T buy the multiplayer civ 2 because the AI diplomacy is screwd up. The AI is 1000% more aggresive than in civ 2 classic.

Comment

If you look in the index to the Great Library - top post in Civ2 - strategy you will see the full information about game versions - in short 2.42 is the latest basic SP version, but CiC & Fantastic Worlds are in fact later versions of the SP game with more facilities for scenarios
      MGE at patch 1.3 is the definitive MP version

------------------
      Scouse Git[1] -- git1@scousers.net

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
      "The Great Library has been built!"
      "A short cut has to be challenging,
      were it not so it would be 'the way'."
      - Paul Craven
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
      X