No announcement yet.

Accessing Stacked Units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No fortifying in a fortress is without effect - and finbar, surely you need only fortify a single (best defensive) unit - if that loses the remainder (outside a fortress) is academic ...

------------------
    Scouse Git[1] -- git1@scousers.net

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
    "The Great Library must be built!"
    "A short cut has to be challenging,
    were it not so it would be 'the way'."
    - Paul Craven
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 04-23-2001 04:56 AM
      No fortifying in a fortress is without effect - and finbar, surely you need only fortify a single (best defensive) unit - if that loses the remainder (outside a fortress) is academic ...

Well, I can see why you'd want more than one fortified in a stack, especially outside a fortress. If [best defensive unit] survives the first attack, another fresh, [best defensive unit] is ready to repel a subsequent attack. But you definitely don't need everything fortified (it's not gonna come down to that fortified artillery saving the day), other than to save the nuisance factor of passing/ waiting multiple units until it's time to go. Just don't fortify the diplo's and it should be no problem.

"A" will only show you a portion of the stack, unless you unfortify and move some of them. You may know there are 30 units on the square but you can't do anything with them until you get the top one's out of the way.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 04-23-2001 04:56 AM

Earwicker's right, I think, on both counts.

------------------
        Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
        Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
        Horse and Hydey Wrangler
        Mono Rules!
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by finbar on 04-22-2001 08:56 PM
          You misunderstand me. I'm not a peacelover. My problem with war is my low boredom threshhold - I don't have the slightest interest in military chess games. You do.

War does get rather boring in civ. The interface is very clunky. Too much micro involved.

------------------
          Founder, Dear Leader and Great Helmsman of the People's Republic of Topics www.delphi.com/prot1

Comment

That's partly my problem. I also simply don't have the patience to plan and carry out the strategy.

------------------
            Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
            Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
            Horse and Hydey Wrangler
            Mono Rules!
            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Working...
            X