What patch for Civ 2 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What patch for Civ 2 ?

I have Civ2 which I am beginning to learn how to play. What patch do I need for it? I read about 2 on Gamespot and don't know which one I need. I do not have multiplayer edition.

sboog

Sboog, the 2.42 patch available from Gamespot (also available on this site) is the latest for Civ II.

John-SJ

Comment

sboog - patches only apply to the multiplayer edition of the game. You don't need to worry about them for the original Civ 2 (single player) version of the game. You should invest in the multiplayer edition, though. It's great fun.

------------------
      Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
      Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
      Horse and Hydey Wrangler
      Mono Rules!
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Sorry, finny, but you have it wrong ...

Single player Civ2 ships in various forms, but the latest release is as has been said v2.42 the patch is available from the Apolyton Data Base. This patch fixes a great many bugs in earlier versions that make the early versions sometimes unplayable - a must have!

There are two later variants of Civ2 (SP) called Conflicts in Civilization (CiC - can't recall the version) & Fantastic Worlds (FW v2.78 IIRC) these upgrades are simply about adding fascilities for Scenario playing and building and don't materially effect the game play.

The mulitplayer variant of Civ is Multiplayer Gold In the US Multiplayer Classic Collection in most of Europe or simply Multiplayer in the UK all of these can and should be upgraded to v1.3 again available from here make sure you get the appropriate patch for your original - I personally would then recommend getting Julius' 'No Limits' patch and upgrading to that - also from here ....

------------------
        Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
        "The Great Library must be built!"
        "A short cut has to be challenging,
        were it not so it would be 'the way'."
        - Paul Craven
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 04-02-2001 07:35 AM
          Sorry, finny, but you have it wrong ...

I naturally bow down to SG1's superior knowledge, blame the antipodean sun, and retire to the library with the requisite bottle of port and pistol.

------------------
          Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
          Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
          Horse and Hydey Wrangler
          Mono Rules!
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Working...
          X