No announcement yet.

Do you ever build stuff just because?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Horse, I know that I wouldn't last 10 turns in your kind of multiplay games. Honestly, I tried playing on some random maps once. What a disaster! Those maps are awful. I'll bet no planet anywhere has terrain like that! The smaller the world, the worse it is. You actually play on those things? I thought once about offering to get into one of your multiplayer games, but then thought better of it; you and Hydey and finbar would chew me up and spit me out. Wouldn't even be any fun.

That said, why don't you try some scenario multiplaying? There are some rather experimental games starting up just now, play-by-email, and seem promising. There is one just starting right now with a player-civ open and available.

On the thread topic; I build what I need at the moment. If money is needed build money-makers, if tech, build tech-enhancers, if I'm at war, build defenses and barracks. This is all conditioned, however, by what difficulty-level one plays.

Salutations,
    Exile
    [This message has been edited by Exile (edited March 28, 2001).]
    Lost in America.
    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Exile on 03-28-2001 10:43 PM

That said, why don't you try some scenario multiplaying?

Nah! Scenarios are for poofta's

In other words, we're just too lazy to set em up

------------------
      CASE CLOSED!

Comment

Tell you what, Horse. You come into the scenario game we're playing right now (it's only on turn 4) and I'll start up playing multiplayer with you guys. You could probably use another naive yank to stomp on, right? I've been curious about multiplaying, so . . .

And I've been wondering just who would make a good OT moderator now that the old one is on the way out. (Church Lady voice) Could it beeeeeee HORSE?

Poofta? I thought that was just a made-up word in a Monty Python sketch,
        Exile
        Lost in America.
        "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
        "or a very good liar." --Stefu
        "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Haven't you realized yet?

Horsie is a Monty Python sketch!
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Exile on 03-30-2001 05:18 PM

Poofta? I thought that was just a made-up word in a Monty Python sketch,
            Exile

No, the word poofta predates Monty Python. Its an Australian slang expression for pillow biter.

I would be honoured to be a Monty Python sketch.

------------------
            CASE CLOSED!

Comment

Gardener for me.
              I get plastered on king, much less MP. don't have MP anyway.

Once I have radio, I cover my land in airbases and pillage the farms,roads and rails. with a few engineers, my land turns into huge green swaths. makes it easy to tell where my land is.
              Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
              ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

quote:

Some of you people should come to multiplayer and see how long you last.

Thats all I ever play

Of course if I played in a game with a warmonger, my priorities would change.....but there's no reason you can't transform the lands in a multiplayer game....you just need the time and the resources.
                I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Working...
                X