No announcement yet.

Does Early Conquest Effect Your Score?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Early Conquest Effect Your Score?

Do you receive a bonus for conquering the world early, say 1800 AD? And if so, how is the bonus factored?

Does the number of civilizations you have defeated have an effect on your score?

The sooner you wipe everybody out, the bigger the bonus. However, at a certain point, you stop getting a bonus.

I will leave the details of the bonuses to those that have charted them.
    In other words, I don't know
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Likewise - the actual bonus I don't know, but the effect is - early conquest - lousy score - so what!

------------------
      Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
      "The Great Library must be built!"
      "A short cut has to be challenging,
      were it not so it would be 'the way'."
      - Paul Craven
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I believe Ming and SG, but it would be interesting to hear from someone who has actually crunched the numbers on how the bonus works -- when does it kick in and what's the amount of the bonus?

As far as I can see, the main benefit of winning the game by early conquest is being spared a long endgame. Apart from that, it seems the best way to run up the score on conquest mode is to take your time defeating your enemies and increase your population.

Comment

the score doesn't seem to go up, but the percentage does. Although the percentage doesn't go up as much as it would if you built up your population for 1000 or 2000 years. It is still likely to get a higher % by waiting to 2020.

if you like to conquer eary then do it, but you will never get a higher score than if you played on.

Comment

Nothing can beat the old "kill all the enemies but one city and then pump up your number of cities and pop" strategy. By using the old food caravan trick, 30,000 points is possible. But, I can't think of anything more boring to do... so feel free to kill everybody quickly
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ming is right... the most score is earned by building up a huge empire, but that needs a long time and is very boring... I don't know too much about that food caravan trick myself, but AFAIK it works pretty well

After all, conquering world is a waste of score. Getting a high score, however, is a waste o ffun

Comment

1. Keep a personal score of the earliest year your spaceship landed.
                2. Then go Fundy and see how fast you can wipe out the rest of the world.

That's the big annoyance with Civ, 100+ years of farming just to get higher up the leader board.

Comment

No hurry.
                  I think, IMHO, that the bonus earned for early victory isn´t worth the effort. I prefer being remembered of something else than "Craftsman, the Ugly" (not an actual rating, though).
                  :::::::::::::
                  Craftsman
                  :::::::::::::

Comment

Working...
                  X