solar plant and pollution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solar plant and pollution

Hi, I play MGE at King level. I noticed (my hubby also) that when we add a solar plant to a city, pollution appears where there was none before. I thought the point of Solar Plant was productivity WITHOUT pollution. Is it a bug in the program that it adds the shields and then calculates the pollution without making an exception for the "solar" aspect?

Did you also build a Mass Transit? Otherwise your citizens will pollute the town by driving their cars.

Pollution can also be generated by overlapping cities and, of course, by nuclear explosions.

------------------
    If you have no feet, don't walk on fire
    A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
    Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Welcome, schweick, and doubly welcome as you boost the (now growing) ranks of lady civvers -- as to your question - Rib is right as usual

------------------
      Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
      "The Great Library must be built!"
      "A short cut has to be challenging,
      were it not so it would be 'the way'."
      - Paul Craven
      [This message has been edited by Scouse Gits (edited March 20, 2001).]
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I have had cities that produced so many shields that even with mass transit, reclycling center, and solar plant I still had pollution indicators on the city screen. but it helps a lot.

and yes there is a ditinct difference between population pollution and industrial pollution. I'd have to run some tests to verify this but if you have a size 50 city on say all unshielded grassland (not possible I suppose) with no improvements in the moderan age you should have pollution. And even a size 1 city with 50 production (this would require a cheat in the rules.txt) will have pollution.

Comment

For a discussion of this very topic already under way, see the thread titled "Global Warming" right here in this forum!

------------------
          "There is no fortress impregnable to an ass laden with gold."
          -Philip of Macedon
          The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
          intelligence to few.

Comment

Working...
          X