Sorry to have wandered off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to have wandered off

Despite my temptations these past few months, I've realized Civ2 is where I needed to be all along. Now what's this thing about a 'Succession Game'?

ScouseGits: great job on spearheading the GreatLib.

Looks like a game where it is cycled thru different players, all playing the same side. Of course, I may be utterly wrong, in which case I'll batton down the hatches and hide behind an asbestos wall

Comment

Steve! Fancy seeing you here!

A succession game is a single player game where different players guide the game through it's history. Each player plays a set number of turns and then passes the game along to the next player. Once all players have played the succession starts over with the first player.

For a good example of a succession game check out the "Lightening Strikes" thread. One of the fun features of a succession game is that the player, when he finishes a turn, offers a log of his "time in office" and a brief history of events that occurred diring his reign. He may also share ideas about where he sees the civilization as going, etc.

Another fun feature is the fact that each player has a unique playing style, so that in order to institute your own "government policies" you must take into account the policies of those who came before you.

It just occurred to me, in a normal succession you always play after the same player in each round. It might be interesting to somehow change the order of players each round, either randomly, or by some set algorithm.

Steve, you want to consider starting a "random succession" game? Or pick your own idea. Or wait for another game to start. Or see if there are any empty slots in in progress games. Whatever you do, I suggest you get into a game ASAP, you're missing all the fun!

John-SJ

Comment

Thanks - but the GL represents a lot of work by many people ...

and yeah - get into Succession Games asap - they are seriously addictive and don't take tooo much of your RL time (unless as we are at the moment they all arrive at once - aaaaargh!)

------------------
        Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
        "The Great Library must be built!"
        "A short cut has to be challenging,
        were it not so it would be 'the way'."
        - Paul Craven
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I also have missed out on these "succession games".

Comment

I would love to try my hand at a succession game

------------------
            Nam si violandum est ius, regnandi gratia violandum est: aliis rebus pietatem colas
            "Veni, vidi, vici."

Translation: "I came, I saw, I conquered." Written by Caesar, in a report to Rome in 47 B.C. after conquering Farnakes at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days.

Comment

To join in a succession game - two methods[list=1][*]announce one yourself and get people to sign up, or[*]choose from any of the six or so that are current and post asking to join - I have yet to see anyone refused entry[/list=a] Hope to see you all on the succession circuit soon

------------------
              Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
              "The Great Library must be built!"
              "A short cut has to be challenging,
              were it not so it would be 'the way'."
              - Paul Craven
              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

quote:

Now what's this thing about a 'Succession Game'?

And don't forget to read the first quote in SG's sig...
                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                And notifying the next of kin
                Once again...

Comment

I do belive you should start a succession game. And I shall join.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Hueij on 03-13-2001 04:43 PM
                    Now what's this thing about a 'Succession Game'?

And don't forget to read the first quote in SG's sig...
                    yeah, I liek that quote

Comment

Waaazzzupppp Zoomie!

Comment

• Working...
                      X