Chap's, help needed on 'Extented Original' game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chap's, help needed on 'Extented Original' game

I'm on Alpha, stolen all the aliens cities bar 7. I was hoping to 'reach transcendence, but I can't communicate with the aliens. The aliens are way behind in tech' (democracy I think) and discovering slowly.
    I'm on 'Future tech 20' and the game's getting a bit repetetive now. Is there a solution to be able to research alien tech' ?
    Many thanks..

------------------
    Yoga Flame
    Yoga Flame

Why not just give them techs until they've got all the prerequisites to research what you need? If you've got them down to a few cities, advancing them technologically should present no real threat to you. Is there a reason that wouldn't work?

------------------
    Dig trenches, with our men being killed off like flies? There isn't time to dig trenches. We'll have to buy them ready made. Here, run out and get some trenches.
    -- Rufus T. Firefly, the original rush-builder
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I can't communicate with the aliens at all. My spy can find 'no new technology' The 4 tribes back on earth were also 'put under control' by me.
      This may be a mistake. I have been feeding one of the tribes all the knowledge but, they're skint, so will not be able to build a space ship until about 4000 ad. I like this part of the game, and don't want to just destroy the others. I want to atone for my bullying, by reaching Transcendense.

Thanks for replying.

------------------
      Yoga Flame
      Yoga Flame

Comment

I don't have ToT, but I suspect you could give the aliens some techs by building undefended cities near theirs...

Comment

well, I guess you are playing on a low difficulty level... on a higher level, they might discover a bit faster, who knows...

Comment

Two questions :
            1) do you have patch 1.1 ?
            2) what is the latest tech you discovered.

If everything goes correctly, each civ receives ultrastring the moment a spaceship reaches Alpha Centauri and then you can make all the next researches.
            Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Thanks for the tips, chaps.
              Julius, no I don't have the patch. I'll try and download it. The latest tech I discovered is 'Future Tech 27' The aliens just got monotheism. Dave V, I'm trying what you suggested and it's working, slowly.
              Thanks again all.

------------------
              Yoga Flame
              Yoga Flame

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Dhalsim on 03-19-2001 01:41 PM
                The latest tech I discovered is 'Future Tech 27' The aliens just got monotheism.

I meant real tech. The last tech before future tech !
                Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Working...
                X